+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Test Results for teaching license.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
I got my IELTS test result for academic test for teaching license purpose,
Reading 8.0
writing7.0
listening 8.0
speaking 6.5
total 7.5

My listening I thought will come up to be 8.0 and got vey disappointed by seeing 6.5.
what should I do, should I challenge the speaking part of the score?
I am sure I was very good at speaking and have completed all three parts successfully, I m not sure how thy mark on it?
please do suggest what ould be done.in case of challenge what is the success chance ?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your writing contains a number of gramatical and sentence structure errors. If your speaking is similar - a score of 8.0 is not realistic.

You can certainly request that your speaking mark be reviewed. But again, based on your writing, I would not be expecting a mark of 8.0.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
scylla said:
Your writing contains a number of gramatical and sentence structure errors. If your speaking is similar - a score of 8.0 is not realistic.

You can certainly request that your speaking mark be reviewed. But again, based on your writing, I would not be expecting a mark of 8.0.
thank you for kind reply. I just wrote a crude question, did nt care for the grammer etc.I know how can I SPEAK?
I got 7.0 on writing, speaking part was very good as compared to rest of the other three parts.I should atleast get 7.0 if not 8.0.
I need your suggesion on the success rate of the review request.It will cost 226 dollars and I do not like to waste money if the success rate is 0%..any personal experience will be much appreciated.

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
Dear Mehwish9,

An 8 is a very high score, and although achievable, you need to be aware of the marking criteria for the speaking and writing parts of the test as well as the question types for the listening test. The different listening questions test vocabulary knowledge, in some cases, and it's best to familiarise yourself by practicing sample tests. Check my website ieltshelponline.com for practice tests and samples.

Also, listening scores cannot be reviewed--only speaking and writing, and for the cost it's better for you to take the test again.

I'm an IELTS examiner-Have a question about IELTS, Ask me!

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Thank you Dalmarc, for your kind advice.
My listening scores were fine(8.0), I want to review speaking segment only. but if Education Alberta accept the score, then I don't need to remark or re test, let's see what they are up to. Hope for the best. Thanks anyways.