+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Test and PR

atan

Jun 16, 2020
*Seems I posted in the wrong thread so reposted it here

Hello,

Hope you are having a great day.

I applied and received my EE profile on June 15th, 2020. My CRS score is 484 and I am eligible for BC EEPNP program which can add up to 600 points to my CRS. I looked at the CRS cut off score from the last draw and it was 437. It seems like I am well above the recent cut off scores so I decided not to apply for BC EE PNP to save that 1000 bucks.

What concerns me is that I heard an IELTS score band of 8777 seems to be mandatory for getting an ITA. My IELTS scores are 8 (L) 9 (R) 7 (S) 6.5 (W). That 6.5 concerns me a lot.

Does anyone know if I should apply for BC EE PNP to be safe or my current IELTS results won't hold me back?

Thank you

atan

Jun 16, 2020
Minimum IELTS scores are only relevant for Minimum Entry Criteria for the different immigration programs, i.e. in order to create an EE profile. Since you have successfully created an EE profile, this means you meet the minimum requirements for at least one of the immigration programs.

Once you are in the pool, the only selection criteria is the CRS score - not individual factors such as a sub-score in a language test.

Note however that they are currently only doing draws for CEC and PNP candidates, so if you don't have any Canadian experience you may want to go the PNP route...
Thank you! That clarifies my doubts. I have been working in Canada since early 2019 so I guess I should be fine. Appreciate your reply : )