+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Speaking... HELP!!!

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
hi,

had my IELTS speaking today...
I am not sure if i spoke for 1 min in part 2 of the test... the examiner was asking me to keep speaking but i dint speak much...i had stopped and then started again
all other questions went really well.... i was satisfied with all my answers with no gaps, fluent english and pretty good answers.. except the only one question mentioned above..
how do you think i will be penalized?

thanks in advance

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Obviously the task 2 is important in speaking
But nobody can give the proper answer about yout score
Also someone it depends on your luck to have a good examiner
Speaking part scoring is completely given by the same examiner

vams23

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
KKUMAR14 said:
hi,

I am not sure if i spoke for 1 min in part 2 of the test... the examiner was asking me to keep speaking but i dint speak much...i had stopped and then started again
all other questions went really well.... i was satisfied with all my answers with no gaps, fluent english and pretty good answers.. except the only one question mentioned above..

thanks in advance
Hi what was the topic? Which city ?

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
KKUMAR14 said:
hi,

thanks in advance
You will be marked over all , not just on cue card.

mail2mprashant

Aug 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
KKUMAR14 said:
hi,

thanks in advance
Do not worry…

As per my understanding cue card topic is important, reason…
The first few minutes are general topics, so we already have readymade answers for that…
There is not much scope for the examiner to ask in depth as we have done our homework….

Coming to cue card here the examiner is given freedom to ask at his will… this is the point where he judges our ability to communicate and express….

Remember one thing, if the examiner is asking you may questions (in cue card) then you are in trouble…. because he is encouraging you to talk. One way he is right, he is trying to bring you out of trouble the other way round it means you are not giving enough room for yourself to talk….

Sometimes he expresses in his face (not all) they will give you a hint that you should talk more….

Check…
Used raw words…. -0.5(yes, no, good, bad….any one word answers)
Gap of 20 sec, more than 3 times…. -0.5(no hummm. ummmm.haaa….)
Bad pronunciation….-0.5
Not understanding the topic….-0.5(please don’t talk what you are not sure about…example statistical figures)

All these are my understandings…. not general

No problems…
Dressing
Asking to repeat the question
Answering somewhere else
Shivering

Apart from all these,

If you could open your mouth and answer to the questions (reasonably), stay focused and pronounce well with good sentence formation then you would get a score of 6.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
thank u for ur reply ...
just waiting for my scores now :)