providence

Nov 23, 2015
Hello Friends,

Currently my IELTS scores are
Listening : 6.5
Reading : 5
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

My overall score is 6.5 now, hence I would like to take a retest in order to improve my score to 7 and above. In case if I am taking a retest and due to my bad luck if the score runs down than the previous one, which of the one will be considered for the Express Entry program. My wife is the principal applicant and her score is 7.5, but still our CRS points are only 447, so in order to get more points I am planning to take a retest.

Please guide by providing your valuable suggestions.

Thank you

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
providence said:
Hello Friends,

Currently my IELTS scores are
Listening : 6.5
Reading : 5
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

My overall score is 6.5 now, hence I would like to take a retest in order to improve my score to 7 and above. In case if I am taking a retest and due to my bad luck if the score runs down than the previous one, which of the one will be considered for the Express Entry program. My wife is the principal applicant and her score is 7.5, but still our CRS points are only 447, so in order to get more points I am planning to take a retest.

Please guide by providing your valuable suggestions.

Thank you
You can pick any of the tests, you cannot combine scores.

AadityaS

Jan 24, 2016
Hey everyone, In my General IELTS Exam 2016, I acquired Listening-8, Reading-6.5, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5! Now I just wanted to know the points I get with these scores. Are points calculated from IELTS Scores to Express Entry profiles according to the entire Score or points are calculated as per ability. For Example: For,
Listening-8(6 points),
Reading-6.5(4 points),
Writing-7(6 points),
Speaking-7.5(6 points)

Because to my understanding if this is true, I get 23 points! Is this how its calculated or it depends on whole score?? Because i get 12(age)+23(educational qualifications)+11(Work experience)+23(IELTS Score)= 69 points which is eligible.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AadityaS said:
Hey everyone, In my General IELTS Exam 2016, I acquired Listening-8, Reading-6.5, Writing-7, Speaking-7.5! Now I just wanted to know the points I get with these scores. Are points calculated from IELTS Scores to Express Entry profiles according to the entire Score or points are calculated as per ability. For Example: For,
Listening-8(6 points),
Reading-6.5(4 points),
Writing-7(6 points),
Speaking-7.5(6 points)

Because to my understanding if this is true, I get 23 points! Is this how its calculated or it depends on whole score?? Because i get 12(age)+23(educational qualifications)+11(Work experience)+23(IELTS Score)= 69 points which is eligible.
You can use these calculators to calculate your CRS score for Express Entry

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html