+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Scores Above 2 Years Cause Eligibility to Ineligibility ???

SDDS

May 2, 2019
Hello Guys,
I need some help here. Sadly today I just logged into my IRCC Express Entry (EE) account and noticed am no longer in the eligibility pool after being eligible for about 2 years now. This was a sad shock because I just logged in 2 days ago to update my profile because of a new baby born on 9th of May 2019 and I still saw my account in the eligibility pool with my score at 392. Have just been waiting for my Provincial Nomination to boost my current CRS 392 score (with an additional 600) which dropped from my initial 426 when I started (i guess because of my advancement of age). I had to renew my EE application in December 17, 2018 after the previous expired. I noticed on the message sent a list of causes of ineligibility to include IELTS score. My IELTS was written in 29th July 2017 and that of my spouse was 19th August 2017. My guess is my sudden ineligibility is now because my IELTS had expired. But I haven't read anywhere that once eligible and expired IELTS can make one ineligible. This doesn't seem fair...once eligible, why does one suddenly become ineligible because of expired IELTS scores? Why wasn't there any warning about expiring IELTS scores? What about my awaited provincial nomination application that utilized the same IELTS score??? Is it possible that I will still be selected at the provincial level knowing that they have my EE number on file? This Canadian immigration thing is becoming a painful maze. Can somebody kindly advise? Thanks!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

From my understanding, unless you receive an ITA, your scores are up in the air and subject to any deduction from changes in circumstances (birthdays, etc.) or rejection due to ineligibility — IELTS expiration included.

I’m assuming you haven’t received an invitation to apply (ITA) so you were deemed ineligible.

The IRCC page for “What to do while you are in the pooldoes clearly state this:

Language tests
Check that your language test results are valid. They are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. They must also be valid on the date you apply for permanent residence.

If your results expire before then, you should:
  • be tested again or
  • apply before your test results expire (if possible) or
  • decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future
Experience Takeaway: It is our responsibility to make sure our profiles are correct and up to date. Otherwise if it’s not going to be an eligibility issue, it may be a case of misrepresentation.

So the option for you is to retake the IELTS, create a new profile and provide your most current details.

If you have an active PNP application, try to provide your new EE profile number and IELTS details to the province’s office of immigration.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,
I need some help here. Sadly today I just logged into my IRCC Express Entry (EE) account and noticed am no longer in the eligibility pool after being eligible for about 2 years now. This was a sad shock because I just logged in 2 days ago to update my profile because of a new baby born on 9th of May 2019 and I still saw my account in the eligibility pool with my score at 392. Have just been waiting for my Provincial Nomination to boost my current CRS 392 score (with an additional 600) which dropped from my initial 426 when I started (i guess because of my advancement of age). I had to renew my EE application in December 17, 2018 after the previous expired. I noticed on the message sent a list of causes of ineligibility to include IELTS score. My IELTS was written in 29th July 2017 and that of my spouse was 19th August 2017. My guess is my sudden ineligibility is now because my IELTS had expired. But I haven't read anywhere that once eligible and expired IELTS can make one ineligible. This doesn't seem fair...once eligible, why does one suddenly become ineligible because of expired IELTS scores? Why wasn't there any warning about expiring IELTS scores? What about my awaited provincial nomination application that utilized the same IELTS score??? Is it possible that I will still be selected at the provincial level knowing that they have my EE number on file? This Canadian immigration thing is becoming a painful maze. Can somebody kindly advise? Thanks!
You need to retake IELTS since your results are over two years old. It's your responsibility to ensure your IELTS score is valid.

Reactions: phl2019