+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score for an expired passport for Visa application

pradeep.cspk

Jan 29, 2015
Hello,

I have registered for IELTS IDP exam which is scheduled for March 29th 2015. My passport expires in May 2015. Is the IELTS score that is associated with the old passport will still be valid for applying Canada Visa?

Thanks in advance!

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
You would need to apply for a new passport atleast 3 months before right?
Why dont you do it asap and get the new passport ready before your IELTS test.
Once you have your new passport, submit copies of the new one along with copies of old one.
I don't think it would be a problem at the test centre.

pradeep.cspk

Jan 29, 2015
Hi newGirl_sk,

Thanks for the reply.. I have already applied for the new passport and have got it this week! My only concern was if it's valid to have the IELTS score for old passport since I have already booked for IELTS as it's very difficult to get the slots. Now that I have the new passport, I would be applying for visa with new passport and since I have already booked and paid for IELTS with old passport, wanted to check if the above scenario would be applied.

Thanks..

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
pradeep.cspk said:
Hi newGirl_sk,

Thanks for the reply.. I have already applied for the new passport and have got it this week! My only concern was if it's valid to have the IELTS score for old passport since I have already booked for IELTS as it's very difficult to get the slots. Now that I have the new passport, I would be applying for visa with new passport and since I have already booked and paid for IELTS with old passport, wanted to check if the above scenario would be applied.

Thanks..
Well, honestly I haven't faced the situation yet. But I think they don't even use your passport information, etc (except during registration) until the first day of test. So taking along copies of old and new should suffice. Do drop them an email though, just to be sure they are informed.