Pre-Assessed..
My IELTS result !!!

Hello everybody,

I've got the following in my IELTS in just three days practice myself :D,

Listening = 7 band

Writing = 6.5 band

Reading = 7.5 band

Speaking = 7 band

I believe I will be awarded 14 points ( I'm in need of just 6 points in 1st language proficiency :))

Plz do confirm my score.

With best wishes for all

Regards,

Salman

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As seen on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//information/applications/guides/EG72.asp you will get 4 points each for reading, writing and speaking and 2 for listening so 14 points total.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
As seen on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//information/applications/guides/EG72.asp you will get 4 points each for reading, writing and speaking and 2 for listening so 14 points total.
Thanks Leon. It has been long having your reply to my post.

Take care.

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct , 14points. GOOD LUCK

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
Congrates you have scored 4+4+4+4 lucky you....... i also need the same but got 6.5 can u please guide me how got it any tips and if u dont mind add me as {atiqsdesk@yahoo.com}as i have withdraw my case and planning to reapply really need some usefull tips in reading ....general. thanks.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atteeq said:
Congrates you have scored 4+4+4+4 lucky you....... i also need the same but got 6.5 can u please guide me how got it any tips and if u dont mind add me as {atiqsdesk @ yahoo.com}as i have withdraw my case and planning to reapply really need some usefull tips in reading ....general. thanks.
Dear Ateeq,

There are no hard and fast rules to score high. But the two things have to be look over,

1. Practicing from last papers of IELTS ( u can take help from Cambridge books & Kaplan specially)

2. I believe the key to be successful in IELTS is to be relaxed during exam.

For reading section, you have to be much relaxed & calculated w.r.t. time. As the last part of reading is always tough & long, you should give it max. time. Don't try to start finding answers at first but go through it as a calm reader. Understand the paragraphs & then start answering the questions with reading it again. It is because our mind needs time for realization & it can only be achieved by reading the passages thoroughly.

(And one side tip: Next time give a try to AEO rather British council)

Wishing you best of luck.

Salman.