+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts requirement

asadrazashah

Mar 10, 2017
Dear All,

I just have a small question if you people could please help me out.

I am willing to apply for Canada and will hopefully be doing it soon, The question here is How much Ielts band is required to apply in the first place.

I have heard different things and instead of repeating my IELTS I want some info. I have done my Ielts and have got the following Band
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing:6.0
Speaking:7.0

OVERALL:6.5
Do i have to repeat my ielts cux of the reading as i got 5.5 in it or I can apply with this Band too ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards,
Asad Raza

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
asadrazashah said:
Dear All,

I just have a small question if you people could please help me out.

I am willing to apply for Canada and will hopefully be doing it soon, The question here is How much Ielts band is required to apply in the first place.

I have heard different things and instead of repeating my IELTS I want some info. I have done my Ielts and have got the following Band
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing:6.0
Speaking:7.0

OVERALL:6.5
Do i have to repeat my ielts cux of the reading as i got 5.5 in it or I can apply with this Band too ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards,
Asad Raza
To be qualified for EE, you must have at least 6 band in EACH module. You forget about overall band score, since they calculate your points for each module separately.

But, if you want to get higher CRS in total, then you should focus to get at least LRSW 8777 in IELTS, since it'll boost your CRS.

For valuable tips on IELTS, please follow this link.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/valuable-tips-to-pass-ielts-with-flying-colors-t487154.0.html