+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS or CELPIP...when time is a constraint

angeland

Sep 19, 2013
Since the CEC quota is taking up quite fast, I am planning to submit my application in mid-May once I have gained enough work experience.

I have taken IELTS (Academic) a few years ago and got an overall 7.5, the next IELTS General in my city will be Apr 5 and May 10.

I have also checked CELPIP, the next will be Apr 5 and May 24.

My concern now is how long it takes to get the results,
if I take the one on 10 May, will it be too late? (People on the forum say the quota will be taken up by July)
And if I take the Apr 5 will it be too rush? For the score I had before, is IELTS a better choice? but CELPIP is faster?

Please advise. Thank you.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Re: IELTS or CEPIP...when time is a constraint

angeland said:
Since the CEC quota is taking up quite fast, I am planning to submit my application in mid-May once I have gain enough work experience.

I have taken IELTS (Academic) a few years ago and got an overall 7.5, the next IELTS General in my city will be Apr 5 and May 10.

I have also checked CEPIP, the next will be Apr 5 and May 24.

My concern now is how long it takes to get the results,
if I take the one on 10 May, will it be too late? (People on the forum say the quota will be taken up by July)
And if I take the Apr 5 will it be too rush? For the score I had before, is IELTS a better choice? but CEPIP is faster?

Please advise. Thank you.
CELPIP is easy and little bit cheaper. Scores are posted online on 8th business day.
IELTS takes about 2 weeks to get results from completion of your test.
I would defiantly suggest that you go earliest if possible.

YVRBCPNP

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Re: IELTS or CEPIP...when time is a constraint

Goku said:
CELPIP is easy and little bit cheaper. Scores are posted online on 8th business day.
IELTS takes about 2 weeks to get results from completion of your test.
I would defiantly suggest that you go earliest if possible.
Hey Goku, you mean you know both of the tests (IELTS and CELPIP). You think CELPIP is easier than IELTS, right? Now the test fee of CELPIP is 265+tax. So it should be equal to the fee of IELTS.