Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am. Want to get 8 in reading. See my last score in my signature.

Hopefully_PR

May 13, 2015
Wow! you got great scores last time and true the reading is the problem. I have the same issue, the reading is always low. We should try working on it. One strategy I am trying to practice is to read the questions first. Also to give the fist passage lower time [15 min max] compared to the others. Let me know if anything works for you. All the best!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
natasha12345 said:
How did u find the test
Listening was a little tricky but I think I should nail the 8 in R, L and W and 8.5 in speaking. How did you find yours? Where did you take your test? I took mine in London. I read that the same test is administered on the same day all over the world but based on another post, I see that uk and USA had different questions for writing and speaking.

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
It was ok little worried abt the listen have to wait n see do u remember the last two answers. I did my in the usa
My speaking was about mirrors and public transportation

And writing was about a letter to a colleague from a next country and how they help u while u were there and the otber was abt letting you kids watch the same tv programmes and play same viedo games as their friends

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just hope I get 8 in all bands.

bng_PR

Jan 17, 2017
Hi All,

I also did my IELTS in Paris

I too agree with the listening being very distracting and tricky. As 8 is expected fro CLB 9, I lost concentration in the remaining sessions, but managed ok at the end.

Why the heck they have to make listening so tough :mad:

Do you guys remember the first 2 questions on Task 4 about airports?

The first one says Domestic (paraphrased) for......., second one International (paraphrased) for......

Did you answer the purpose, like business vs vacation or build for locals vs tourists

Did you center had headphone facility, a total of 330 people gave the exam on my day and listening was played on speaker. So stupid of me, I shd have requested headphones.... :-[

Anyway fingers crossed for friday to see the results

Gudluck to u all...

G

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Hopefully_PR said:
I took mine in Canada, and it is similar to US. I agree, L was tough but other sections were OK.
I wrote in Vancouver downtown, yes the listening was tough especially in section3 some questions I was missing. The reading, writing and speaking were easy. Hope I can get at least 6 in S, W, L and I pretty sure I can get full mark in reading. LOL

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I'm nervous about the results. I just hope I get the 8. I got the 8 in all sections in the previous attempts except the silly 6.5 in reading.

lusafaty

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I'm writing the exam soon, and I am a bit nervous about it as it is my first attempt at the exam (and hopefully will be my last :p)

So I have a question for those who scored a 7.5 or higher in speaking and writing. How much effort did you put into the preparation? What kind of level/skills would you say is expected of a candidate in order to score a 7,5 or above?

And how to best prepare for these two segments? Thanks !!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lusafaty said:
Hi. I'm writing the exam soon, and I am a bit nervous about it as it is my first attempt at the exam (and hopefully will be my last :p)

So I have a question for those who scored a 7.5 or higher in speaking and writing. How much effort did you put into the preparation? What kind of level/skills would you say is expected of a candidate in order to score a 7,5 or above?

And how to best prepare for these two segments? Thanks !!
I am very chatty so 8.5 in speaking is very easy for me. My wife is a journalist. She gave me writing exercises and made me write for 1 hour every day for a week before the exam. She checked my answers and corrected the little mistakes in grammar and punctuation. In my previous attempts, I read model answers and went to the test. There is a big difference between reading a written answer and writing it yourself. Little grammar, punctuation and spelling errors can add up. The first day of my writing practice, I barely reached the word count but as I progressed, I got better and scored 8. For reading and listening, just keep yourself awake and be attentive.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My results are withheld :( Will have to wait several weeks now. I am booking another test for 11th Feb. Can't wait for these withheld results to be released.

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
xpressentry said:
My results are withheld :( Will have to wait several weeks now. I am booking another test for 11th Feb. Can't wait for these withheld results to be released.
WHY WITHHOLD? I ALSO CAN NOT SEE THE DATE OF EXAM TO CHOOSE? WE HAVE TO WAIT TO TOMORROW?