+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on computer or paper?

neha2000

Jul 27, 2010
Hello experts!

I am taking the IELTS at British Council, Kuwait. Could you please tell me if this test is taken on a computer or on paper? During practice tests I see mixed instructions about carrying pencil & erasers to the test as well as 'copy' (CTRL + C) and 'paste' (CTRL + V) during writing sections.

I will really appreciate any help on this matter!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neha2000 said:
Hello experts!

I am taking the IELTS at British Council, Kuwait. Could you please tell me if this test is taken on a computer or on paper? During practice tests I see mixed instructions about carrying pencil & erasers to the test as well as 'copy' (CTRL + C) and 'paste' (CTRL + V) during writing sections.

I will really appreciate any help on this matter!
You will most likely be taking the paper based version of the test, but call your test center to make sure nothing recently changed.

The general training version of the test is only offered on paper; the academic version is offered on the computer only at certain test centers on certain dates (you can find list at http://ieltsaustralia.com/candidates/findoutmore/article336.aspx.), on other dates and everywhere else the academic version is also paper-based.