+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts max points claim

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Wanted to ask whats the max score to claim in each ielts section to claim the max points in express entry
Maximum score in each module of IELTS (general).

Well, I have scored 9 in Reading & 8.5 in Listening once. And I have come across an IELTS tutor profile who claim to have scored 9 in all modules twice. Since I have not come across anyone who claimed to have scored 10 in any module of IELTS, therefore 9 band seems the maximum one can achieve in any module. Although, I am sceptical about scoring a 9 band in subjective modules such as Writing & Speaking, but it is surely possible in Reading & Listening.

Higher IELTS score have multiple affect on one's EE score. For example, a higher IELTS score will fetch higher points in other sections such as education & work experience. Although I do not know the exact details but this is what I have understood after having read many forums.

But the reality is most of the IELTS applicants (including myself) have a tough time to get over the minimum threshold of 7778 (SRWL) in a single attempt. Patience & consistency is required to get 7778 and to score 9 bands at the same time in one or two modules will be the icing on the cake.

That is all I can share from my own experience. Best of Luck.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kadian said:
Maximum score in each module of IELTS (general).

Well, I have scored 9 in Reading & 8.5 in Listening once. And I have come across an IELTS tutor profile who claim to have scored 9 in all modules twice. Since I have not come across anyone who claimed to have scored 10 in any module of IELTS, therefore 9 band seems the maximum one can achieve in any module. Although, I am sceptical about scoring a 9 band in subjective modules such as Writing & Speaking, but it is surely possible in Reading & Listening.

Higher IELTS score have multiple affect on one's EE score. For example, a higher IELTS score will fetch higher points in other sections such as education & work experience. Although I do not know the exact details but this is what I have understood after having read many forums.

But the reality is most of the IELTS applicants (including myself) have a tough time to get over the minimum threshold of 7778 (SRWL) in a single attempt. Patience & consistency is required to get 7778 and to score 9 bands at the same time in one or two modules will be the icing on the cake.

That is all I can share from my own experience. Best of Luck.
Thanks a lot ,how did you prepare for writing?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Thanks a lot ,how did you prepare for writing?
I bought Barron's IELTS collection from Amazon. And practised writing task 2 or Task 1 everyday on the actual IELTS answersheet (available online). I did it for a month and wrote around 15 samples each for Task 1&2. Asked my brother (English expert) to check and mark mistakes. By this way I managed to write over the word limit (270& 180) in 1 hour time and got a fair bit of idea as to how many lines in the sheet I am suppose to fill-up. I also followed the Barron's book writing samples/answers to improve the writing matter and pattern.

I have scored 7 before in writing but not consistent (6.5 two times earlier) with the score. So I practised this time for writing and awaits for my result. Hopefully I will get the required marks in all the section in my latest attempt.