+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts latest scores or highest scores

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Can someone please help me.. I got 7 bands in ielts. I want to give again now.. If unfortunately I get 6.5 bands in my new and latest attempt.. Which ielts score should I use for express entry..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use whichever attempt you want to provided that attempt is valid till the date of post ITA submission. IELTS scores are valid for 2 years from test date.

deedee87

Jul 31, 2015
I think the CIC mentions this subject and says it is misrepresentation if you do not upload your latest score

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deedee87 said:
I think the CIC mentions this subject and says it is misrepresentation if you do not upload your latest score
Disagree. CIC doesn't discriminate on the basis of which IELTS attempt you choose to highlight - all attempts are equally valid for 2 years from the specific test dates.

When you assert something like this, do share the CIC site link so that it helps confirm the information.

deedee87

Jul 31, 2015
You must make sure that the information in your profile stays true and accurate at all times.
If your situation changes (for example, if you start a new career, you get a new language test, get married, or have a new baby), you must update your profile.

(I'm not allowed to post links but this is from the CIC website)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deedee87 said:
You must make sure that the information in your profile stays true and accurate at all times.
If your situation changes (for example, if you start a new career, you get a new language test, get married, or have a new baby), you must update your profile.

(I'm not allowed to post links but this is from the CIC website)
IELTS tests are valid for 2 years and applicants are allowed multiple attempts. CIC allows you to update your profile with the latest test attempt but if you score lower than your previous attempts, that doesn't invalidate your previous attempt(s) unless those attempts are invalidated by the 2 year rule.

The above statement must be understood in the sense that you are expected to ensure that your CRS accurately reflects your present situation. In this case, it still accurately reflects your present situation because you aren't using an invalid IELTS attempt.