+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GT Exam on 7th June 2014

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hi all,

I gave the GT Exam in India yesterday and would like to share some details around it

Reading was easy apart from the last section which was related to Ants in Australia. This is the only section which had True/False & Not Given Option. However, there was a new type of question in reading this time (I may be wrong but I have not seen anything similar in the forums or practice tests) the question asked to select the most suitable heading for the whole write up about ants. I was able to eliminate 2 options as these were not related to the topic had a tough time selecting between the two options.

Listening was easy as well, only challenging section was section 3 last part. This was a conversation between a College Professor & Student regarding a thesis. The first few questions were easy but the second part which discussed Toll Roads I found to be really tough. 3 Options were provided A Student (John) B Professor Brown c Both however, the conversation went back and forth so many times it was impossible to remember who was for what.

Writing was still OK, Task 1 topic was writing a letter to your friend who wants your advice on starting an import export business 1. Suggest a product from your country 2. Where in your country the product is manufactured 3. Why should your friend import this product.
Task 2 topic was role of schools in educating children about their health, agree or disagree

I was told that the Academic Reading was brutal by a friend who attended.

Best of luck!

pravesh

May 10, 2014
pumbaa_g said:
Hi all,

I gave the GT Exam in India yesterday and would like to share some details around it

Reading was easy apart from the last section which was related to Ants in Australia. This is the only section which had True/False & Not Given Option. However, there was a new type of question in reading this time (I may be wrong but I have not seen anything similar in the forums or practice tests) the question asked to select the most suitable heading for the whole write up about ants. I was able to eliminate 2 options as these were not related to the topic had a tough time selecting between the two options.

Listening was easy as well, only challenging section was section 3 last part. This was a conversation between a College Professor & Student regarding a thesis. The first few questions were easy but the second part which discussed Toll Roads I found to be really tough. 3 Options were provided A Student (John) B Professor Brown c Both however, the conversation went back and forth so many times it was impossible to remember who was for what.

Hi Pumbaa, I have also attended the test and fully agreed with you. this time i found the difficulty in Listening section but rest of other were okay. I am in dilemma how much marks should be for GT to achieve for 6 Band in listening. Would you plz revert back if you have idea on this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

have a nice day.

All the best

Writing was still OK, Task 1 topic was writing a letter to your friend who wants your advice on starting an import export business 1. Suggest a product from your country 2. Where in your country the product is manufactured 3. Why should your friend import this product.
Task 2 topic was role of schools in educating children about their health, agree or disagree

I was told that the Academic Reading was brutal by a friend who attended.

Best of luck!

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Thanks, I am giving my GT on 21st.. Hope its easy

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Sushma1976 said:
Thanks, I am giving my GT on 21st.. Hope its easy
Don't be scared of IELTS, my recommendation is to familiarize with writing structures, formal/informal letters, essays, phrasal verbs,etc. I was confident that mi writing exam was flawless and good, I even took a class of composition and rethoric, in the end in was my lowest score (6.5) the rest were 7.5 for speaking, 8 for reading and 7 for listening so be familiarized with writing structures and you will do great.

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.