+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS FRAUD REPORT FROM INDIA;BEWARE;DONT PUT THE REAL PEOPIN TROUBLE

R

rajeev107

IELTS-Issue-Delhi
INDIA - IELTS issues

David Manicom, Immigration Program Manager, Canadian High Commission, New Delhi - October 31, 2009: “We areconcerned. In addition to the central role IELTS plays in our immigrant selection grid, we are operating a very high profile pilot project with the Canadian education sector that requires IELTS, which we pushed for on the basis of superior IELTS security. I have met several experienced Canadian education sector reps recently who tell me ‘everyone knows’ IELTS now has fraud issues, and my understanding is that our colleagues believe imposter problems are growing. An initial phone survey of 10 Punjabi cases after the news of the arrests led to several of concern who will be interviewed at more depth. Today I saw a clearly
fraudulent IELTS results paper, which nevertheless ‘confirmed’ on line. So, yes, we are worried.”

Reply - November 2, 2009: “I am not sure if you are aware but our security processes do not cease with the issue of a test result.We conduct investigations post release of results and have an IELTS Partner developed process for the cancellation of results
post release should any issue be identified with the result. If you could send through the details of the fraudulent TRF to which you refer I can arrange to investigate it. If an impostor has entered the test undetected by staff we can look at other indicators to assess the authenticity of the result.” “We are quite willing to travel to Delhi to meet with CIC to discuss concerns in person and to take you through our processes. We would also be pleased to meet with the education reps to whom you refer to canvas their feedback, to date we have not had any concerns raised formally with us. We would welcome the opportunity to meet with groups who may have concerns. We are highly responsive to any feedback from the public domain and follow up on all allegations to assess the information. We could also take the opportunity of updating you on our plans to implement test day photo capture in test centres on test day .