+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for Native English speakers? Please Help!

neilottawa

Jul 11, 2010
Hi there.

Could anyone let me know if you now have to take the IELTS if you are a native English speaker? I am currently in Canada applying for perm residency and I am from the UK. The application pack on the CIC website says that all applications have to include an IELTS otherwise it will be sent back, however, the perm res forms asks if you have included your test results (yes/no) and if you tick no, it asks if you can provide documentation to prove you language ability.

If someone could shed some light on this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neilottawa said:
Hi there.

Could anyone let me know if you now have to take the IELTS if you are a native English speaker? I am currently in Canada applying for perm residency and I am from the UK. The application pack on the CIC website says that all applications have to include an IELTS otherwise it will be sent back, however, the perm res forms asks if you have included your test results (yes/no) and if you tick no, it asks if you can provide documentation to prove you language ability.

If someone could shed some light on this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Hi,

After 26th June all applicants have to submit IELTS result even if english is there native language. So you will need to sit in IELTS test before your submit your docs to CIC.

Cheers
Saki

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on and After 26th June all applicants have to submit IELTS result