+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts expiry date.

Jul 29, 2024
Hi Team,

I am really in need of help. I received an invite for CEC category. My concern i wrote my ielts on july 23 2022 and i received my results on August 5th 2022. I am not sure which would be considered as the expiry date. I submitted my file for cec on july 23rd 2024 and i received my AOR on the same date. Should i re-take my ielts again and submit it to ircc through webform or do they still consider my previous ielts as i submitted on july 23rd 2024 which is two years from my day of test. I really need guidance ok this as my work permit is about to expire and dont want to take chances with getting my PR. Thank you!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Team,

I am really in need of help. I received an invite for CEC category. My concern i wrote my ielts on july 23 2022 and i received my results on August 5th 2022. I am not sure which would be considered as the expiry date. I submitted my file for cec on july 23rd 2024 and i received my AOR on the same date. Should i re-take my ielts again and submit it to ircc through webform or do they still consider my previous ielts as i submitted on july 23rd 2024 which is two years from my day of test. I really need guidance ok this as my work permit is about to expire and dont want to take chances with getting my PR. Thank you!
The IELTS validity period is 2 years from the date of the results. The IELTS validity period is when your IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) is considered valid and actively accepted by universities and organisations.

Jul 29, 2024
The IELTS validity period is 2 years from the date of the results. The IELTS validity period is when your IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) is considered valid and actively accepted by universities and organisations.
Thanks for the prompt reply so it means that i don't have to retake the test. I submitted my file to ircc and received AOR. But during the processing time i will be expired.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the prompt reply so it means that i don't have to retake the test. I submitted my file to ircc and received AOR. But during the processing time i will be expired.
Your Ielts results should be valid at the time you submit your application. Doesn’t matter if it expires after submitting.