+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Dilemma - PLZ Solve -Senior Members - Extremely urgent

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
I took IELTS on 12th Jan 08, and Test Report is dated 24th Jan 08,

I could not post my application last week, I will be sending it today by Courier, ensuring that it reaches before 24th...Got Too close on deadline this time,

Will the FSW application be acceptable at CIU in Sydney, as the CIC says:

"Language Testresults must not be older than 1 year at time of application" ?

Just need confirmation that IELTS is valid for initial and next stages of application if it reaches before or on 24th !!! Please Help

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks,

I will be going ahead with it, as I have mentioned that I am taking 16 points on basis of test taken, and that test result date is within one year of making my application (19th January). I wonder if CIU checks the IELTS report data for last one year or just that the application is complete. In either case, I should be correct and clear.

The OP6 further says that if the VISA official in second stage might suggest you take the test if required and only then will he proceed with the file.

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
I have 76 including 16 of IELTS, if I have only 8 from IELTS, that makes it 68, which is still fine.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
By the way, i applied after nov 28th and got positive result from Sydney NS. I did send a letter to Sydney NS talking about my proficiency in English. When they replied, they did not mention IELTS and said, i should send all documents to my local visa office. Sydney NS ( i think) only checks for your application against ministerial instruction. So it might turn out that for me, after I send in all my documents, they might say "wheres your IELTS?". That might be the case for you too, in which case, everything gets delayed a bit.

Between Sydney and your local visa office, you get 120 days to send in your application, so if i send in my application without IELTS and they ask for the IELTS, my 120 days might run out. I don't know if my 120 days get reset or it just continues as is or perhaps the 120 days criteria goes away all together.
The OP should really read the instructions as to what is sent to Sydney processing Unit.

under Category…1
Then…
(You are in an occupation which corresponds to the list of occupations identified in the Ministerial Instructions)
Send the following:

the application forms,

a photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page, (principal applicant only)

2 self-addressed mailing labels one in English or French and the second in the official language of your country, and

the payment.
Note: Do not send other supporting documents. Wait until you receive correspondence from the CIU in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada

PMM

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
thank you for your reply. please do also give a link for the complete info, if you can.