+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS...CIC Applications...at what stage IELTS test is required...

beautiulmind

Aug 23, 2009
Hi :)

Would someone plz help me with the following:

My profession comes in the new list of 38 occupations which are approved for quick processing.

I calculated my points and it comes exactly 67 (if I gain 16/16 in English language)

I didn't take IELTS test. When I'd require IELSTS result? Do I've to send IELTS result with initial application to CIO?

Because I'm looking at document checklist for CIO & with all other things it requires form mm0008 schedule 3. And in schedule 3 they've asked for copy of approved test result?

So in short can I send application without IELTS & in the mean time take IELTS?

Do someone has an idea what score would be required to gain 16/16 in English language.

Any thoughts/ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks

afaraz

Star Member
Jun 30, 2009
Karachi - Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2009
Doc's Request.
07-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
beautiulmind said:
Hi :)

Would someone plz help me with the following:

My profession comes in the new list of 38 occupations which are approved for quick processing.

I calculated my points and it comes exactly 67 (if I gain 16/16 in English language)

I didn't take IELTS test. When I'd require IELSTS result? Do I've to send IELTS result with initial application to CIO?

Because I'm looking at document checklist for CIO & with all other things it requires form mm0008 schedule 3. And in schedule 3 they've asked for copy of approved test result?

So in short can I send application without IELTS & in the mean time take IELTS?

Do someone has an idea what score would be required to gain 16/16 in English language.

Any thoughts/ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Yes you can sent the intial application now to CIO without IELTS test results but later you will have to send the results. I am doing the same.

You will need 7 in Listening and 6.5 in all other to get this score.

faalgoon

Dec 25, 2008
I am a physician and included in 38 occupation list. I am also planning to launch the file but i dont have ils experience.

did you get any reply from cic after sending the docs without ils?????

how much time do they take in nova scotia for initial screeening for eligibility???

Please reply as i dont want to waste my time anymore..

regards,

aurik

tanya1975

Jun 24, 2009
Hello,

I did send documents to CIO without IELTS and they accepted my file in 2 months.
Now I am given 120 days to collect all docs for the embassy and during this time I'll take IELTS. However if you are not sure in your IELTS result you better take it before CIO. Otherwise you can lose time and money.

Tanya