+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Band 7.0

SrikanthNLeo7

Dec 25, 2013
Dear Members,
I have recently joined this forum and would like to seek a suggestion/information about my prospects of getting an admission into a Canadian Univ. I would like to let you know that I gave my IELTS(IDP) test on 12th of Dec 2013 and ended up with an Overall Band of 7.0( Listening-7.5,Reading- 8.0 , Writing- 6.0 and Speaking- 7.0 ).

To brief you about my profile, I did my masters in Mechanical Engineering in Northern Illinois University, U.S.A, graduating in the year 2011. I had to come back to India owing to my family concerns and since then have been working at my Dad's company which is a Composite Mfg. Industry. I also hold an experience of working in Dubai as a Mech. Engineer for an year.

I have decided to pursue another masters in the field of Industrial Eng./Mgmnt. Sciences or may be a Ph.D in Canada(or perhaps,in the USA).
I was wondering if I would be accepted by any of the univs. in Canada with my Overall IELTS Band Score of 7.0.

I would be really indebted to you if you can kindly throw a light on my prospects of getting an Admission. :)
Thank you,
Srikanth

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Srikanth. IELTS score of 7 is eligible for you PG Studies, However, It depends on what university you are applying for? Check the Universities website for Course wise IELTS Requirements and I think Overall Bank 7 is enough. Now you need to contact the university prof through mail and attract them, that you are interested to do a Course work or Research studies under their guidance. You are indeed to explain about your experience, previous education and your interest, etc.

Thank you, i hope, i had given some information you needed.

SrikanthNLeo7 said:
Dear Members,
I have recently joined this forum and would like to seek a suggestion/information about my prospects of getting an admission into a Canadian Univ. I would like to let you know that I gave my IELTS(IDP) test on 12th of Dec 2013 and ended up with an Overall Band of 7.0( Listening-7.5,Reading- 8.0 , Writing- 6.0 and Speaking- 7.0 ).

To brief you about my profile, I did my masters in Mechanical Engineering in Northern Illinois University, U.S.A, graduating in the year 2011. I had to come back to India owing to my family concerns and since then have been working at my Dad's company which is a Composite Mfg. Industry. I also hold an experience of working in Dubai as a Mech. Engineer for an year.

I have decided to pursue another masters in the field of Industrial Eng./Mgmnt. Sciences or may be a Ph.D in Canada(or perhaps,in the USA).
I was wondering if I would be accepted by any of the univs. in Canada with my Overall IELTS Band Score of 7.0.

I would be really indebted to you if you can kindly throw a light on my prospects of getting an Admission. :)
Thank you,
Srikanth

SrikanthNLeo7

Dec 25, 2013
Hello Prasprime.. :)
Thank you so much for your kind reply,Sir. I should really start pulling my strings now.Would you please suggest me a specific website where I can lookout for the universities which accept my IELTS scale.I was actually planning to get an admit for the Summer(May) intake, but much to my time constraints, I guess I should be able to make it to the Fall Semester. Thanks again, for your valuable advice. Wishing you the best of luck and a Very Happy & Successful New year in advance.

Thanks again,
Srikanth

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Srikanth

Search in Web you got every thing.

http://www.engr.usask.ca/departments/mee/students/prospective-grads/application.php

http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/grad_programs/programs/ME.php

Thank you.

SrikanthNLeo7 said:
Hello Prasprime.. :)
Thank you so much for your kind reply,Sir. I should really start pulling my strings now.Would you please suggest me a specific website where I can lookout for the universities which accept my IELTS scale.I was actually planning to get an admit for the Summer(May) intake, but much to my time constraints, I guess I should be able to make it to the Fall Semester. Thanks again, for your valuable advice. Wishing you the best of luck and a Very Happy & Successful New year in advance.

Thanks again,
Srikanth

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
SrikanthNLeo7 said:
Dear Members,

Thank you,
Srikanth
I am not sure but I think since u have done ur masters from US ur IELTS may be exempted!!