+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS and in shame!!!

islander

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
This is the second time I have taken the IELTS. I did well in all 4. However, I need 7.5 or above in listening and I think I will not get that. I feel embarrassed having to take it for the third time. How many people usually get it done in the first time?

Thank you.

Dec 10, 2008
I took the IELTS test twice , the second time my scores were L7.5 , R8 , W7.5 , S8 . My advice is to keep trying till you get the score you need, try to develop the exam-specific skills of listening , reading ,etc and practice as much as you can .

Speaking component is more or less a formal interview , In addition to fluency , content and pronunciation ; contentrate on non-verbal cues like positive atitude , self confidence , direct eye to eye contact , appearance etc .

At the day of the exam , keep focused , alert and go through the questions swiftly and accurately ; hence the importance of good practice and relaxation before the exam .

Good Luck

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
I took it once and got flat 8s in all four! But then, I did practice a lot, and I mean.....a lot! Practice is the key. The more you practice, the less nervous you will be during the actual test. Don't worry, you'll pass out with flying colors. Good Luck!

islander

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Well, on the test result, it shows if you took it before with the date and center. Will the CIC see it as a negative thing? Can I request the center not to show that I took it before?

Thank you.

Deep Benipal

Mar 17, 2015
guys tell me how can i improve my reading skills ? .......i took IELTS exam and got 6.5 in both listening and writing however in speaking and reading my score was only 5.5 . I keep interest in reading novels but the english used in IELTS exam is seems to be of higher level than that is used in novels or newspapers . So indly suggest me what should i do ??

Regards,

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep Benipal said:
guys tell me how can i improve my reading skills ? .......i took IELTS exam and got 6.5 in both listening and writing however in speaking and reading my score was only 5.5 . I keep interest in reading novels but the english used in IELTS exam is seems to be of higher level than that is used in novels or newspapers . So indly suggest me what should i do ??

Regards,
You should practice IELTS reading questions rather than newspapers, magazines or novels.

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Deep Benipal said:

Regards,
Cambridge IELTS has 9 books...each book has 4 academic and 2 general reading tests. I am reasonably confident that if you put your self to it and practice 9x4=36 and 9x2=18 (54) tests you will be well prepared for the reading test.

Do time your self every time you do the test and try to write the answers on the IELTS answer sheet which you can get online.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
No shame.

Many people give it more than once , that is because they may fall short in one of the bands . Even if you are 0.5 short in one of the bands you have to re take , no other option.