+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts academic prep time

ignorancei$bliss

Jan 7, 2014
Hello, I am an IELTS academic 8.5 achiever!

and I can tell you that IELTS academic reading pattern is different and somewhat difficult from general training! and writing task 1 is also boring and very restrictive in nature! listening, speaking and writing task 2 is same for both!

now considering the scenario that you have appeared for IELTS general! and have little to no awareness of academic reading! moreover you have been significantly in employment for a considerable amount of time![as IELTS academic reading and writing make you feel like being a student again, thus you may take some time to get accustomed to it! And personally my observation is that fresh graduates and post graduates perform rather fluidly in IELTS academic! due to obvious reasons!]

ergo,it would take some time! Say, if you completed your preparation for IELTS general in one month! it would take a month and week or two extra for the academic one!

I hope you are satisfied by my answer :)

and if you need some good IELTS preparation tips I suggest you to go here! https://therandomblend.com/category/ielts/

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
My speaking and listening is good its mainly my reading and writing that will need to
Work on,so how much should i give it,month or more?

ignorancei$bliss

Jan 7, 2014
Well honestly it depends on your fluency! And desired/targated band score even if your fluency is advance or you may even be a native speaker!

At least a month is recommended! If you want to score more than 8 and no less than 7 in each module!

However if you want to score 7 and no less than 6.5 give at a week or two!

Reactions: Wolverine17