+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC work permit re-application process. Help required.

Aqua084

Dec 11, 2014
Afternoon All,

I am hoping some of you may be able to provide some clarity and/or share some insights into your personal experience - if in-fact you found yourselves in a similar situation.

Background

I'm an Australian national who entered Canada on an IEC 2-year open Working Holiday permit around two years ago.

I would like to continue my stay in Canada and am therefore eager to reapply for my second IEC Working Holiday Permit.

FYI - I am under the age of 31years - so that is not a problem. And I am also inside the 12 week period required to reapply.

In addition to this, I also know the terms of the original Visa dictate that:

a) an individual must leave the country at the end of the original period set on your visa AND
b) an IEC Working Holiday Visa can not be extended - regardless of the somewhat misleading information suggested on the cic site

Next steps....

As I understand, the process I need to undertake is much the same as the first.

I need to complete the application for 'work permit made outside of Canada' IMM1295E. And once a 'conditional approval' is received, I will need to complete the second stage on myCIC.

HOWEVER, I am quite confused as to how I should report certain details. Particularly details such as my current country of residence etc, given the application is meant to be made from outside of Canada.

For example the application form requires you to advise on details such as:

a) Current country of residence and corresponding dates (from and to)?
b) Country where applying? Same as country of residence...?
c) Current address details - these are obviously Canadian

I hope these questions don't appear silly.

After reviewing other threads on this forum, I understand that as part of the myCIC second stage application, if you select Canada as your current country of residence then you'll never get the IEC option at the end. As you could imagine, this just further reinforces my concerns - and confusion - on exactly what is the correct process to be undertaken.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can share any light or guidance

Cheers
A