+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC program refund - please help!

Nov 10, 2013
Wondering if anyone can help... I applied for IEC in January or February - I can't even remember it was that long ago! Anyhow, I was one of the lucky ones who actually managed to get an application in during all the craziness, and secured myself a space on the program.

Unfortunately when I got to the next stage of the process and had to obtain a police check from Russia, it proved to be harder and more costly than I'd imagined, plus there was a high chance I wouldn't receive it back before the time I wanted to travel to Canada, so I decided to quit the program and make other plans.

I applied for my application fee refund initially in March, after being told by IEC that I was eligible for one. Since then I have sent numerous messages to the IEC via Kompass (honestly probably about 15 messages, since most of them don't get replied to so I have to repeat them again) asking for the whereabouts of this refund. I keep getting responses that are only one or two lines long telling me that my refund is being processed.

Now, I don't know if it's just me, but 8 months seems like a hell of a long time to be processing my refund. After searching forums around the internet I've not managed to find anyone else with this problem, so I'm really beginning to panic. Frankly I'm sick of the whole thing (Kompass won't even load for me today so I can't even send them a message - plus I'm worrying that if it never starts working again I'm actually buggered) and really just want my money back!

So basically what I'm asking is - does ANYONE know how I can get in touch with someone that doesn't involve bloody Kompass?! I doubt anyone can help since they seem to be super sleuthy, but I just thought I might as well try. I'm really at a loose end about what to do :( I know it's only £100 but I really, really need the money and I don't want them to get away with this, since their attitude so far seems to suggest they think I might just forget about it or something.

Does anyone know of ANYONE else who's been in this situation or similar? Is there any way to complain about the IEC program or anything? I'm really lost here (if you couldn't already tell!)...

Thanks!
Mimi

Lee27

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,
I just found this post and am going through the exact same thing. Yours was awhile ago now so I'm wondering if you ever got the refund? I have contacted the canadian embassy etc and they all just say they will pass along the message and kompass ignore everything I send or send back a generic "your refund is being processed" . If you got it back how long did it end up taking? Did you finally get a response???

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Lee27 said:
Hi,
I just found this post and am going through the exact same thing. Yours was awhile ago now so I'm wondering if you ever got the refund? I have contacted the canadian embassy etc and they all just say they will pass along the message and kompass ignore everything I send or send back a generic "your refund is being processed" . If you got it back how long did it end up taking? Did you finally get a response???
Same thing over here, canceled my application, received a letter saying I was eligible for the refund but nothing since then!
What happend for you guys?

doodl3z

Dec 24, 2014
Same here...applied in January 2014, then had to withdraw application. On August 28th I received a letter through my Compass Account to be eligible for getting a refund and from that moment the communication is down. No response on my requests when the refunds will be processed. Last week I sent an email to question@cic.gc.ca with all references attached. It says it may take up to 30 business days to get a response. I just hope that works. If not, I will send a friend of mine who studies in Canada to one of the immigration offices. Maybe he can manage something.

Apr 12, 2015
I have just come across this thread and I am in exactly the same situation as all of you :( I have tried everything in my power to get this money back and I have now been waiting for almost 2 years !!! Did any of you get somewhere ??? I would REALLY appreciate any help !!!