+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC invite while waiting for PPR

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Hi All,

In a bit of an interesting (though very fortunate) situation and wanted some opinions

Back in January I put myself in the pool for a Working Holiday Visa through IEC. I was in the UK pool so chances were really slim

In March I got my ITA from the Express Entry pool and AOR date was April 12.

Yesterday (May 23) I was drawn from the IEC pool and sent an invitation to apply for a Working Holiday Visa. I know that processing times for these are usually under 8 weeks so it could be a more speedy way into Canada though not quite as permanent.

I guess I have a few options:

(1) Decline the ITA from IEC and wait for PPR, knowing that this could be another 4+ months
(2) Apply for the work permit from IEC and make a decision if/when I receive it
(3) Apply and hopefully accept work permit from IEC and move to Canada straight away

With option 3, I know I would have to either raise a CSE to let IRCC know, or withdraw my PR application completely and change it to inland. Has anyone been in this situation before?

I think my first step is going to be to call IRCC and see if I can find out more about my PR application, maybe they can give me some advice based on the situation.

Just looking for opinions here: what would you do in this situation?

Thanks all and I wish you speedy PPR <3

@BillHyatt , @DelPiero07 or @legalfalcon maybe you might be able to help me out here? Really reeeeeally appreciate it!

Last edited: