+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC from Within Canada

Jul 28, 2018
Hi there,

My brother who is a British Citizen, is near the end of his 3 year post grad work permit in Canada. He tried to apply for the AINP but is worried that he won't hear back in time. Is it possible for him to apply for the International Experience Canada option? as far as I can see he qualifies with age etc. He is already in Canada though so would he have to leave then re-enter in order to get a work permit or can he get everything he needs from within Canada?

Thanks for any help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

My brother who is a British Citizen, is near the end of his 3 year post grad work permit in Canada. He tried to apply for the AINP but is worried that he won't hear back in time. Is it possible for him to apply for the International Experience Canada option? as far as I can see he qualifies with age etc. He is already in Canada though so would he have to leave then re-enter in order to get a work permit or can he get everything he needs from within Canada?

Thanks for any help.
2019 program is effectively full. So yes - he can apply from within Canada - but won't have a chance of being selected until 2020. Also note that the IEC program for the UK is always way oversubscribed (i.e. way more applicants than spaces available). So it's a dice roll whether he will be one of the ones randomly selected out of the pool of applicants.