+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Canada

amandahaggett

Jun 8, 2012
I am hoping someone may have some insight to this question. I know the IEC for UK citizens to travel to Canada is closed for this year. On the page it states they will be starting the initiaive again in late fall of 2012 (I as well was given this information from the embassy in London). My question they are not answerring is once the initiative is launched again in late fall does that mean you can start sending in applications right away for it, or can you not send anything in until 2013? As far as I know generally it opens i December and you can start sending in applications right away. Any thoughts?

Markalexm4

Sep 13, 2012
Hey there,

I am currently in the same situation as yourself, waiting for the IEC visa to become available for 2013, and after reading vaaaaaaaaaaast amounts of forum discussions on similar matters, it is my interpretation that we do not have to wait till 2013, and can apply as soon as they become available, i have already completed most of the paperwork on the IEC website and about to get my police certificate...a few people advised me to do this to save time when they do become available. Hope this helps and good luck with the application!