+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC-Can I stay/work in Canada while applying for 2nd year

IanOrange

Nov 9, 2012
Hi there,

I am a 29 from Ireland currently on my 1st IEC visa. I have a full time position but I don't think it qualifies under skilled worker (admin role). I have not applied for 2nd IEC Visa and my current visa expires on Jan 10 2013. Is there any way I can stay/work in Canada until I get approval for my 2nd IEC. (I intend to apply as soon as it opens in Dec/Jan). Also if there is something I can do am I able to leave the country and return to Canada before my current visa is up?

Thanks for any help

Ian

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

IanOrange said:
Hi there,

I am a 29 from Ireland currently on my 1st IEC visa. I have a full time position but I don't think it qualifies under skilled worker (admin role). I have not applied for 2nd IEC Visa and my current visa expires on Jan 10 2013. Is there any way I can stay/work in Canada until I get approval for my 2nd IEC. (I intend to apply as soon as it opens in Dec/Jan). Also if there is something I can do am I able to leave the country and return to Canada before my current visa is up?

Thanks for any help

Ian
1, YOu would have to apply for an extension as a visitor as the IEC is not extendable. So you couldn't continue to work after 13/01/13. As long as you haven't been outside Ireland for more than 18 months in the past 3 years, you could apply for the 2nd year. But you have to wait until the IEC applications open in the either late December or January before you can apply . If your criminal record check is over a year old, you better get a new one now.