+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
As we're getting closer to the opening of the 2014 IEC program, I'd like
to use this thread as a place for all questions concerning IEC applications, applicants,
requirements and whatnot.
Last years IEC program changes resulted in a bloody mess here and tons of opened
threads and maybe this year we can work with that one.

So if you have questions - ask away!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Where can I find the details about IEC?

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only apply for IEC work permit from your home country, right?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
whymeee said:
You can only apply for IEC work permit from your home country, right?
No, you can do that from everywhere. I applied for my second IEC visa from inside Canada and my home country is Germany.

SFB89

Sep 7, 2013
Hey,

So I am looking to go to Canada September 2014 for 1 year - but does my year start from the date of my introduction letter or is it that I have a year to enter Canada from that date on the letter.

I want a full year from September 2014 - 2015 & I am confused as the application closes in march - I don't want to miss out on 6 months.

any info would be great thanks,

sx ;D

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
SFB89 said:
Hey,

So I am looking to go to Canada September 2014 for 1 year - but does my year start from the date of my introduction letter or is it that I have a year to enter Canada from that date on the letter.

I want a full year from September 2014 - 2015 & I am confused as the application closes in march - I don't want to miss out on 6 months.

any info would be great thanks,

sx ;D
There's gonna be an expiry date on the letter of introduction. Your year will start counting down from the day you enter Canada and present the LOI to the officer. Also make sure that your passport is valid for the whole duration of your stay.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
No, you can do that from everywhere. I applied for my second IEC visa from inside Canada and my home country is Germany.
Then I guess it's a specific requirement just for Latvian citizens

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/baltic_states-pays_baltes/experience_canada_experience/latvia-lettonie/required-requis.aspx

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
whymeee said:
Then I guess it's a specific requirement just for Latvian citizens

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/baltic_states-pays_baltes/experience_canada_experience/latvia-lettonie/required-requis.aspx
Interesting read. Indeed, looks like some special rule there. For German citizens it only said 'usually residing in Germany', and after
talking to IEC they said it's ok to apply from outside Germany too. Ie when applying for IEC while already in Canada.

Doddyodon

Sep 27, 2013
IAM_Toby

Quick question. I am currently in Canada on the IEC and I am planning to renew next year. Will I be able to use my old Kompass Account login details?

When it asks me for current country of residence, will I put Canada, where I am currently living or my country of Citizenship, the UK.?

Did you have to leave the country to activate your new work permit?

Thanks in advance.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Doddyodon said:
IAM_Toby

Quick question. I am currently in Canada on the IEC and I am planning to renew next year. Will I be able to use my old Kompass Account login details?

Yes, your IEC account will still be active.

When it asks me for current country of residence, will I put Canada, where I am currently living or my country of Citizenship, the UK.?

You'll have to put UK as your current country of residence, unless CIC changed the questionnaire. You'll see once you get to stage 2, try putting Canada as your current country of residence, if at the end you don't get IEC as an option, chose UK as country of residence.

Did you have to leave the country to activate your new work permit?

Yes, you will have to leave and re-enter Canada. This can be done by flagpoling at the border. You don't have to fly home to do that.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

isabel_ruizz

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-13
IELTS Request
Yes
Hi iam_toby,

Did you get the working holiday or the young professional? If you got the last one, did the immigration agent give you the right visa?? Because I got an open one like the working holiday. When I saw it, I told her but she consulted it and told me that that was the right one.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
isabel_ruizz said:
Hi iam_toby,

Did you get the working holiday or the young professional? If you got the last one, did the immigration agent give you the right visa?? Because I got an open one like the working holiday. When I saw it, I told her but she consulted it and told me that that was the right one.
I got the WHP in 2012 and beginning of 2013 the YP. Ya, it's weird on my work permit there's not special
occupation or employer mentioned, only the location of work. Haha.
However, CIC has my application on file, so I only work for the employer I mentioned in my application,
even if my WP looks like an open work permit.