+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IDP Counselling

rajat_RB

Aug 26, 2014
Hey guys
I am from India
I registered for IELTS via IDP and recently they called me for a counselling session at their office. They have narrowed down college choices for me and are helping me in application process also. I have asked them twice if they would charge any extra money for it and they have refused.
So i am wondering as to why are they helping me and I suspect there might be a catch in the near future.

Has anybody else experienced it or has any thoughts/info about IDP and there free counselling??

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rajat_RB said:
Hey guys
I am from India
I registered for IELTS via IDP and recently they called me for a counselling session at their office. They have narrowed down college choices for me and are helping me in application process also. I have asked them twice if they would charge any extra money for it and they have refused.
So i am wondering as to why are they helping me and I suspect there might be a catch in the near future.

Has anybody else experienced it or has any thoughts/info about IDP and there free counselling??
well yes because they will send u to a college whichever pays them the most. usually consultants get commission from the college to send them students its usually some percentage of ur fees. so ye there is a catch......they will scare u into not changing ur college etc consultancies will never encourage u to apply to a university as universities dont pay them. so the catch is u should know what is best for ur career. u really dont need a consultant .....I would suggest u go to all these free consultants get various information and make a decision by ur self and also refer to this forum and ur friends etc.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
IDP is legit. They are the official testing center for IELTS and have been in business many years (in the Philippines, at least).
They help out in visas to Canada, UK, US but they have the strongest ties with Australian universities - it's what they are most known for.

I consulted with them and over here, if it's an Australian university, they don't ask you for any additional placement / professional fees. For Canadian schools who are their clients, they charge Ph. Peso 20,000 (about CAD500), which is still considerably less than what the other consultancies charge.

They are an option, but I also decided to apply for the student visa on my own after reading this forum :D

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajat_RB said:
Hey guys
I am from India

Is it IDP bangalore???