+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ideal times to call IRCC Client Support Center to update address for PR card

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

I've been trying to call IRCC's client support center at 1-888-242-2100 for the last several days to provide a Canadian address. I completed soft-landing and since the border agent didn't take my address, I need to call them and provide the address to kick off PR card processing. I keep getting disconnected saying they are receiving a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer me to an agent.

Is there an ideal time to call them to get through? I've called 50-70 times each day for the last few days with no luck. Also, is there an alternate mechanism to update the Canadian address on my application? The online address update portal (Address Notification (cic.gc.ca) ) refuses to pull up my application based on the details I provide, so I'm unable do it through this. Help is really appreciated!

Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
There is no ideal time to call, you can try this - When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages

Reactions: JamesRodriguez

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
Thanks, your trick worked! In case anyone else has the issue, I had to call them again, and this second method also worked. After the AF & UK message, I press 1 - 1 - 0 (to check application status instead of previously using 1 - 2 - 0 for change of address), and that connected me to an agent, who was able to redirect to someone else who them updated my address.