+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Transfer for OPT F1 Visa Candidate.

kevin92

Dec 23, 2020
Background: Currently employed with International Entity in the US where I am currently on my F1 STEM opt that is due to expire in May 17 2021. I have already applied for Express Entry PR and I am expecting completion by April 6 2021. My company is aware that I would like to move to Canada and have given the greenlight for that and are willing to offer me the same position in Canada.

Just as a backup in case my EE PR does not work out(they reject application for some reason), I would like to apply for the ICT option. My NOC is 6621 (skill B) and is not eligible for the 2 week processing. I believe April 6 2021 and May 17th 2021 is too short a window for IRCC processing for an ICT. so thought it would be better to apply for an ICT sometime in February in the hope that there is enough sufficient processing time by the time my OPT is done on May 17th 2021 and I can transition smoothly to Canada.

1-Has anyone had a similar experience?
2-Has anyone applied with Skill B recently ? If so, what was the processing time (note I have already done biometrics for EE PR).
3- What do I need from my employer HR to offer me a job in Canada.
4- Since my company has Canadian operations does its Canadian entity qualify as a "Canadian Company" as per the IRCC website?

Thank you