+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Job Offer Points

agishw

Oct 6, 2022
Hi,

I'm currently on an ICT work permit (for a year) that's valid until 2024. I applied for express entry and claimed the 50 job offer points due to the following clause and received an ITA two weeks ago.

• "if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
Now my employer is refusing to provide me with an offer letter because I am a transfer from the US.

They are only willing to provide me with an employment verification letter and transfer letter that has my employment history, duties, and responsibilities. It does not have any language such as the job will be valid until 1 year after PR. During my ICT work permit application, I got a letter of support that says my job is for 3 years.

Do you think a combination of a transfer letter, letter of support (for work permit), and employment verification letter be enough to satisfy as a replacement for an offer letter?

I saw a few different conflicting answers on this forum so I am confused.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I'm currently on an ICT work permit (for a year) that's valid until 2024. I applied for express entry and claimed the 50 job offer points due to the following clause and received an ITA two weeks ago.

• "if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
Now my employer is refusing to provide me with an offer letter because I am a transfer from the US.

They are only willing to provide me with an employment verification letter and transfer letter that has my employment history, duties, and responsibilities. It does not have any language such as the job will be valid until 1 year after PR. During my ICT work permit application, I got a letter of support that says my job is for 3 years.

Do you think a combination of a transfer letter, letter of support (for work permit), and employment verification letter be enough to satisfy as a replacement for an offer letter?

I saw a few different conflicting answers on this forum so I am confused.
There's going to be no clear answer to this question.

You might get very lucky and this may be enough. Or the IRCC officer may insist on a letter that specifically states that they will continue to employ you for at least a year after PR. Generally speaking, IRCC wants a letter from the employer that specifies the language around the valid job offer for at least a year.