+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i would like help please

pucca53

Nov 2, 2009
i lived in the USA for almost 8 years. i got deported because my legal status expired. i got married in my native country. my husband is american.
and to legalize my status w uscis will take over two years. my husband doesnt want to wait that long.
my question is....would be possible specially for me to live in canada? since my husband is american what he has to do to move to canada.
what procedure he has to make ....
thanks i would appreciate all answer...
thank you.

I

ImmOfficer

Canada is not the country that you go to if your husband "doesn't want to wait". Unless you bring something valuble to the table, we don't want you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ouch. Harsh but true.

Americans are treated the same as anyone else in Canada (at least from the perspective of immigration). You can start reading about your options here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

As an American, I think that if you CAN legalize your US status after deportation, you are very very lucky and two years is a light sentence.

pucca53

Nov 2, 2009
well she or he was very hard , im not looking for a country just to wait. im just want to be w him. he cant come to my country cuz is too dangerous.
i knw canada is a great county and yes i have a lot of things to offer.
what happened to me at usa it wasnt my fault. i didnt go illegally there. and i worked legally the time that i stayed at the usa. my parents did wrong things and i payed for them. im not justifying myself.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pucca53 said:
well she or he was very hard , im not looking for a country just to wait. im just want to be w him. he cant come to my country cuz is too dangerous.
i knw canada is a great county and yes i have a lot of things to offer.
what happened to me at usa it wasnt my fault. i didnt go illegally there. and i worked legally the time that i stayed at the usa. my parents did wrong things and i payed for them. im not justifying myself.
Ma'am,

I fully sympathize with u. U have the social & moral right to be with ur husband. What hapenned & how it happenned with u at US cannot be undone; and now u must find a way out to maintain ur cohesive relationship. No matter what others say & from where or how help comes to u, u need to +vely find the right & legal solution to keep ur marital bliss.

We in this forum might just not be able to offer the right guidance to u, 'coz neither we know ur situation, nor r qualified to advice u against such a technical / socio-economical matter. Thus ma'am, plz take a consultant's / lawyer's help imdtly, asap.

I wish u all the very best...

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pucca- It's would be better if you wait for your turn in our home country for US spouse visa, if your husband filed I-130 then it might be 12 - 18 months. Canada is different country and have their own immigration policies, you can apply for Canadian visit visa and see if you get it just to be close to your husband.... 18 months is not a long time. Once you get your US GC, you can visit Canada (If you want to) so just hang in there.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
any way, you can be granted maximum 6 months visitors visa, I don't think it can help you either.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Suin said:
any way, you can be granted maximum 6 months visitors visa, I don't think it can help you either.
The OP is asking what her American husband can do to move to Canada. Your husband may be able to apply to any of the immigration routes available. He can apply either via the skilled workers', the PNP or investor category.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

I am just not aware if there's a chance at getting an approval if he puts you in as his accompanying dependent.

pucca53

Nov 2, 2009
thank you all for your advice .....!
at least u havent being mean like the other person from above.
i will consider yours opinions.
i just want to be with the person i love the most i dont wish noone to go be in my situation.

but if my husband get a job at canada.. how high are my chances for me to get a temporary residency.
thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi pucca53, I think everyone here sympathizes with your situation, and we know 2 years can be a long time. But unless your husband is wealthy, it might take that long to get Canadian residency too.

Depending on what your husband does, he could try to get a job and apply either as a permanent resident or a temporary worker. Generally, this is difficult right now, with high unemployment in Canada, but again it depends on what he does. As his spouse, you would usually be able to accompany him. However, it is possible the fact that you were deported from the US could affect your application to Canada, too. So, working on legalizing your status with USCIS would be important in either case.

So, just to be clear - it is not an easy road to come to Canada either. You AND your husband have to really want it - does HE want to move to Canada?

Two of us have given you the link for information on Canada immigration. Have you and your husband read any of the information, and do you have any questions based on what you have read?

pucca53

Nov 2, 2009
jes_on thank you for ur answer. yes i checked the link and i read it.
he really wants to move to Canada. this is a hard situation. he cant live in my country because is extremely dangerous for a foreign to live here.
i dont knw if u heard about a Spanish/French journalist that got killed but the gangs . its not secure for me either.
extortion is something that scares me the most.
i know to years to fix my legal status w the uscis is easy to see. but believe me its so hard and depress.
this is my country i was born here but i feel like stranger. i just have a brother here. no friends at all. my mom and dad and some family are in USA
for very personal reasons they couldnt help me at all.....
my husband is the only one that's been supporting me with money and emotionally too.
i dont have a job here. its also hard. what i do to spend my time is that im going to at art center for painting and drawing classes
and im learning french at home.
i love my husband and he loves me. if we cant move to any country. he will come here.
but i dont want him to do that.
my husband is a banquet manager and he has been in this field for more that 10 years.
that how we met. i was a banquet captain.
thank you for reading this and for trying to get me ideas.
i really appreciate it.
thank you.