+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked unauthorized before submitting PGWP. What's the best course of action?

narabaq

Jul 4, 2020
Hey, I'm in a bit of a stressful situation.
I'm a recent graduate, I was offered a job on Tuesday, this week.
Today is Saturday, and I just noticed I worked 4 days (30 official hours) unauthorized before submitting my PGWP today (on the weekends)
I simply thought that you could submit the PGWP anytime before your study permit expires or 90 days after the completion of your program...
It's a mistake but here are some options I'm thinking:

A) I'm still in training, so if I notify my supervisor of the problem maybe they could change my official employment date to later, or resign me entirely.

PROS: If they concur, then I have zero problems moving forward, it was only 4 days that I was in training/orientation anyways.

CONS:
1. I'm basically asking them to lie. It's a multinational company and I would imagine it wouldn't be up to my supervisor to decide that.
I have no idea what their response would be. Plus orientation is apparently still considered under work hours.

2. If they resign me, I already indicated that I had the offer on my PGWP, so this could get me into bigger trouble, especially when I later ask them for proof of employment from them in which they would say they resigned me because of this issue (I obviously can't pretend this position didn't happen when I apply for CEC anymore).

B) Don't notify the company, and keep it between me and IRCC. Then attach a Letter of Explanation (LOE) acknowledging my shortcomings and asking for forgiveness in my CEC application.
Based on the posts I read here, apparently, it works out for some people. Nobody seems to have been rejected by being transparent

So as you can see either option is a huge hit or miss...

Any advice would be appreciated...