+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to test my speaking with out going to any learning center

Maria Perry

Oct 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best way to check out your english speaking skills is by communicating on phone or doing voice chat with British or American people. This will help to improve your speaking as well as your listening skills. The best option is to join any call center if you dont want to join any learning institute.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
& if you find no one, stand in front of a mirror and pick any very-e general topic.

The issue with Speaking is that topic looks too simple to answer...e.g. my topic was which toy I liked the most and who gave
me that and why I liked it.

Now for a Corporate working person nearing 35, it'd be rather easy to talk about market, business or even political issues but not toysssss..!!
It sent me into tizzy for a while...but I picked it up as I imagined my Son in my mind and I used his moments of life to frame the answers.

I don't think that I did very well due to my over confidence because my job profile is highly interactive.
Too simple sometimes becomes a hard nut to crack.

Final tips-
- Maintain a reasonable smile.
- Look into interviewer's eyes as much as possible
- Try to make a human connection and 2-way conversation with your interviewer.
E.g. before giving your opinion, you can start like following
"I hope you'd agree that.....
"I am sure you can understand that

And one can even dare to ask a question to interviewer relevant to the topic.
I still feel it could have been more smooth and structured but it's another matter that I got 8 in speaking.

Hope it helps

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buy a voice recorder and replay your recordings then you will know where you stand. I did this practice a lot and I noticed that I used to speak quickly and slurred my words. Overall, the intelligibility of my conversations sucked even though I used advanced vocab.

The best way of speaking is to slow down your speech and speak clearly. Fluency is not about talking fast it is all about putting across your messages without straining one's ears. Keep your ideas simple and speak confidently, maintain an eye contact!