+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I think I locked myself out?! Is the CIC website bugged?

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
Hi!

I am a bit lost here.

I want to apply for PR with my current job as software developer.

So I created my CIC account and started filling out the express entry profile. Once I was done I saw that it didn't give me any points for the job and said that I didn't enter one. I checked the profile again and it was clearly there!

So thinking that I need to change something to make it work I withdrew the application. Now I can't resubmit it and the points still aren't there.

When I try the other option and fill out my application it says that there are technical difficulties:

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
So I can't properly file the express entry or the other application. I tried calling the CIC, but can't reach anyone there.

Any ideas what to do from here?

Oh yes, in case that matters, I am in Canada right now on a temp visa.

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I was in the same situation few days back. Never mind the fact that the site is down, this can happen during any time. But what you should be concerned is the fact that you have withdrawn the profile and you cannot resubmit the profile with the same id anymore.

So you should either reapply for EE profile from a new if or a GCKey or try to revoke the existing key which would nullify all your existing applications and start applying again.

Next time, if you want to update the information in your profile, DO NOT WITHDRAW the profile, instead, go to that profile and then you would see the option to see the submitted profile data at the bottom of the page. You can then modify the data and then transmit the data again.

Act soon in revoking your existing key and create a new key and apply once again as there are only 2 days left for the poll.

Good Luck !

khondokar_khaled

Jan 24, 2015
Hi!

I was having the same problem for 4 days.... But finally figured out a way. It's not a technical glitch rather your browser problem. Some say try at different times; i DID but no luck same thing. Then i changed my browsers (chrome and safari) and installed firefox. BINGO at first try.

Hope it works for u too.

Regards,
Khaled

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
himohan_u said:
Hello,

I was in the same situation few days back. Never mind the fact that the site is down, this can happen during any time. But what you should be concerned is the fact that you have withdrawn the profile and you cannot resubmit the profile with the same id anymore.

So you should either reapply for EE profile from a new if or a GCKey or try to revoke the existing key which would nullify all your existing applications and start applying again.

Next time, if you want to update the information in your profile, DO NOT WITHDRAW the profile, instead, go to that profile and then you would see the option to see the submitted profile data at the bottom of the page. You can then modify the data and then transmit the data again.

Act soon in revoking your existing key and create a new key and apply once again as there are only 2 days left for the poll.

Good Luck !
Thanks! So how do I nullify my application? And what do I do to get the points for my current job?

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
khondokar_khaled said:
Hi!

I was having the same problem for 4 days.... But finally figured out a way. It's not a technical glitch rather your browser problem. Some say try at different times; i DID but no luck same thing. Then i changed my browsers (chrome and safari) and installed firefox. BINGO at first try.

Hope it works for u too.

Regards,
Khaled
Thanks! I give FF a shot. It helped you with what problem though?

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you login with your GCKey, after entering your credentials, you would see an option, to REVOKE your GCKey.

Once your key is revoked, start with a new key and since you are working in Canada already, I believe you would be registering under CEC, and if you mention the number of years then the points should be automatically added in your score.

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
himohan_u said:
When you login with your GCKey, after entering your credentials, you would see an option, to REVOKE your GCKey.

Once your key is revoked, start with a new key and since you are working in Canada already, I believe you would be registering under CEC, and if you mention the number of years then the points should be automatically added in your score.
Thanks so much. I recreated the account. When you say canada experience (CEC) you still mean that I should to the express entry, right?

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are already working in Canada and have full time experience of more than one year, then you can apply under CEC through Express Entry. Express Entry is not a new visa program, but its a new way of processing the existing Visa programs like FSWP / CEC.