+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I think I am not Eligible? what to do

gemini88

Sep 27, 2010
hi, I am a pharmacist and wants to apply under 3131 category of FSW
my points rating is as follows:

Education: Pharm-d from a university in Pakistan with 17 years of education.
English Language Test:Listening (6.5) Reading(5.5) Writing(6.0) Speaking(7.0) Overall Band(6.5)
Experience: more than a year but less than 2
Adaptibility: I have a uncle in Canada and my spouse has done Engineering from a university in Pakistan having 16 years of education.

according to me i score 64.

Education: 20
Language ability: 10
Work Experience: 15
Adaptability:9

Please help if i am calculating wrong score.
I am confused in education score, how much will i get 20, 22 or 25?

Thank you

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
gemini88 said:
hi, I am a pharmacist and wants to apply under 3131 category of FSW
my points rating is as follows:

Education: Pharm-d from a university in Pakistan with 17 years of education.
English Language Test:Listening (6.5) Reading(5.5) Writing(6.0) Speaking(7.0) Overall Band(6.5)
Experience: more than a year but less than 2
Adaptibility: I have a uncle in Canada and my spouse has done Engineering from a university in Pakistan having 16 years of education.

according to me i score 64.

Education: 20
Language ability: 10
Work Experience: 15
Adaptability:9

Please help if i am calculating wrong score.
I am confused in education score, how much will i get 20, 22 or 25?

Thank you
Hi,

Explain about your years of education in detail

Master’s or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 25
Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor’s level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 22
A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 22
A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor’s level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20
A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20
A one-year university degree at the Bachelor’s level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15
A one year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 12
Secondary school (also called high school) 5

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

If you have one year diploma with a 4 yrs bachelors degree, in my view you shd get 20 points though your years of education come to be 17.

I think your best bet would be to to improve your IELTS score to gain 67 points .

Good luck!

gemini88

Sep 27, 2010
Hi,

After 12 years of education I did 5 years pharm-d degree
That makes all together 17 years of education.

I have read on internet that pharm-d degree in equivalent to masters so i was of the thought that i will be getting full 25 points and my total will become 69 but then some one told me that i will only get 20 points for my education so i want to confirm about my qualification points.

there is also a b-pharm degreewhich is a bachelors degree and a four year degree plan.
but i have done pharm-d that is doctor of pharmacy which is a 5 year plan.

I have also heard that education points are based on how your local authority treats your qualification. Is it true??

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Send this question to qorax or PMM ,they are the best persons to answer your query but in my view as for MBBS degree which is also a 5 year degree programme ,20 points are awarded so same will be applied in your case.

Good Luck

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
gemini88 said:
Hi,

After 12 years of education I did 5 years pharm-d degree
That makes all together 17 years of education.

I have read on internet that pharm-d degree in equivalent to masters so i was of the thought that i will be getting full 25 points and my total will become 69 but then some one told me that i will only get 20 points for my education so i want to confirm about my qualification points.

there is also a b-pharm degreewhich is a bachelors degree and a four year degree plan.
but i have done pharm-d that is doctor of pharmacy which is a 5 year plan.

I have also heard that education points are based on how your local authority treats your qualification. Is it true??
i think you will get 20 points for your education, since MBBS is also 17 years of education but can claim only 20 points not even 22.

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
20 Points !!
Go for IELTS and try to score Full points.. With practice and determination you can make it!!

Good Luck.