+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I sent my biometrics more than two months ago and no answer?

mariamas

Jan 18, 2024
Hello,
My husband is applying for a permanent residence through family sponsorship. They took his biometrics on February 18th and they did not reply to us yet. What could be taking so long, and is there a way I could contact them to know? I checked the Application Status Tracker and it just says "In progress" and "application received", although they already asked for our biometrics. It doesn't say waiting for biometrics! We are worried because my sister's husband who also applied around the same time, and sent his biometrics a month after we did, already got a request for a medical exam.

Last edited:

divya khurana

May 3, 2024
Hello,
My PR spousal file is in the process from 21 Feb 2014 and I received a biometrics request on 10 April 2024 but have not received a medical request yet. What can be the reason for getting medical requests taking so long?

May 25, 2023
Hello,
My husband is applying for a permanent residence through family sponsorship. They took his biometrics on February 18th and they did not reply to us yet. What could be taking so long, and is there a way I could contact them to know? I checked the Application Status Tracker and it just says "In progress" and "application received", although they already asked for our biometrics. It doesn't say waiting for biometrics! We are worried because my sister's husband who also applied around the same time, and sent his biometrics a month after we did, already got a request for a medical exam.
Everyone's timeline is different and any potential issues with biometrics would not delay the medical exam request. I received my medical request before they even requested my biometrics. So I would not worry too much about any differences between your husband and your sister's husband -- they likely just ended up with different agents processing their files. IRCC will contact your husband if he needs to redo his biometrics for whatever reason.

As for the Application Status Tracker, it is really not a reliable tool for real-time updates. Has your husband linked his application to GCKey? It's also not super reliable for real-time updates, but that's where they first updated that my biometrics and medical were approved, and then the Application Status Tracker followed several weeks later. Also, make sure that you are using your husband's UCI to create these accounts and not yours, as what they show for a sponsor versus the principal applicant is different.