+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I recieved my assessment letter today from Sydney Nova Scotia after 71 days

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i recieved my Positive assessment letter by email today from nova scotia to submit the applications with supporting documents within 120 days. The letter is dated as of today , August,19, 2009

(They recieved my application at the CIO on June,8 and i got the letter via email today, August,19) 71 days.

The weird thing is that when an applicant uses the document checklist, he checks the box for category 3 or 2 if applicable, (and i checked the box for category 3) because i belong to category 3 as well (international students in canada for over one year and i sent all of the supporting documents for that , study permit, study permit renewal, certificates from my old school, proof of enrolment to the new school, transcripts, copy of my student visa on my passport with the entry stamp showing the date of entry in canada.

They sent me the approval letter stating after an introduction that : based on a review of my application, it is recommended to the visa office for final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of :

They wrote the three categories for the federal skilled workers, each one followed by a box and they checked the first box only for the list of occupations, and they left the two other boxes empty for category 2 and 3 ( although i belong to category 3 too !).

They adviced me to submit any information about any changes in my application such as , new occupation, new employer, birth of child, marriage, arranged employment opinion approved by (HRSDC), change of address, change of email address,change of immigration representative, etc)please include letter identifying what the changes are.

By the way, the bank told me that my money order was cashed someday between july,3 and 10, and the copy which they gave me stamped by the immigration official stamp was dated as of july,2, 2009 and the letter from the CIO states that they cashed my money order at june, 25. (somehow the situation looks like a green salad:)))))

Good luck for you all

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Wow!! , Congrats Professional1.

I guess this time while writing to visa office in the cover letter you can mention Applying under FSW3 to be specific.

All the best!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reachmenow

Thank you so much for your quick reply, yes i will write that in an explanation letter for Buffalo office when i send the supporting documents.

Another wierd thing is that they haven't even mentioned my NOC or my job title in the approval letter, i don't know whether they usually mention it in the approval letters for category 1 or not !

thanks again for your reply and hope the best of luck for you :)

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Thanks Professional1,
I not sure if they mention NOC or designation in approval letter , i hope someone who has got approval letters can confirm that - in either case Visa Office does the entire process again so its fine.
Good news is that now that your application is positively approved you can put all points specifically to Visa office.

I am sure your process will be very smooth.

Thanks,

sterion75

Star Member
Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213 & 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2009
Doc's Request.
25-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
May 2010
Passport Req..
July 2010
VISA ISSUED...
3 August 2010
Could you let me know what was the from address of the emailed assessment letter?

Been trying to find out

Thanks

Robbie

mdarji

Jul 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
Congratulation Professional1..

I believe, After seeing yours and all other's cases there's only one thing to remember - "KEEP PATIENCE AND YOU WILL GET SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE"...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reachmenow said:
Thanks Professional1,
I not sure if they mention NOC or designation in approval letter , i hope someone who has got approval letters can confirm that - in either case Visa Office does the entire process again so its fine.
Good news is that now that your application is positively approved you can put all points specifically to Visa office.

Thanks,

Thnak you so much and hope the best of luck for you too, am sure that you will be hearing good news about your application soon :)

sterion75 said:
Could you let me know what was the from address of the emailed assessment letter?

Been trying to find out

Thanks

Robbie

FSW-Centralized-Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca but it is written at the end of the letter that this email address is unwatched by the CIO,therefore, any replies on it will be ignored.

Good luck

sks7 said:
Dear Professional1,

Many Many Congrates to you for completion of stage 1.

Ksunandan

Thank you so much and hope the best of luck for you :)

mdarji said:
Congratulation Professional1..

I believe, After seeing yours and all other's cases there's only one thing to remember - "KEEP PATIENCE AND YOU WILL GET SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE"...

Thank you for your reply, yes patience is the only option hope the best of luck for all who have applications under processing.

harryk

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Professional1. Patience is the key to the game.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reachmenow said:
Thanks Professional1,

Thanks,

I called the call center today to inquire about the assessment letter, i told the agent that i sent all documents required to be processed under category 3 (international student over one year in canada) and i was surprised that my application was reviewed based on the work experience under one of the 38 list of jobs, then he asked me does your occupation fall under one of them, i said yes, he said it is better for you because category one works faster than 3 !!! and that is why they have reviewed your application against category 1 !!!!

I think, if i said no (my NOC is not one of the 38 jobs), he would say, never mind, they processed your application under category 3 but it was only a typing mistake when they checked the box for category 1 instead of 3 !

Actually i doubt that he is right ! because of two reasons :

First, when the minister announced that foreign workers and international students are eligible for immigration to canada under category 3, he justified the reason saying that those people are the most likely supposed to adapt life conditions in canada easily(cultural, economical conditions...etc) since they are already living in canada and familiar with the canadain community !!! and that is true, so how come category one will be processed faster than 3 !!!!!!!!

The second reason is, call center agents are working as secretaries and don't have enough information abut the immigration rules, so we cannot rely too much on their words.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Congrats, professional one, first step is made! Good luck along the way!
Hope you recovered your docs lost by Fedex...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kisunja said:
Congrats, professional one, first step is made! Good luck along the way!
Hope you recovered your docs lost by Fedex...

Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunatly i haven't recieved anything form FEDEX they called many times just to confirm that they are unable to find my shipment so they transfered my case to the compliance office of FEDEX since then i heard nothing from them.

Anyway i started proceeding to issue a new documents again from my country and through the embassy.
thank you so much again and hope the best of luck for you :)

Manj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2012
Interview........
21-07-2012
Congratulations on your initial assessment. Hopefully your remaining process is accelerated.

Good luck,

Manj

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manj said:
Congratulations on your initial assessment. Hopefully your remaining process is accelerated.

Good luck,

Manj

Thank you so much and hope the best of luck for you too