+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I received COPR with NOC 2173 (Software engineering) but my current job is Engineering Manager

Kabocha1

Jan 12, 2022
I'm preparing to land in Canada with my COPR at the end of December.

I'm currently employed full time as an Engineering Manager at a fully remote, US-based company.

The company will update me to being a Canadian employee once I land in Canada and open a bank account.

I'm listing my current job on my work CV/resume that I plan to hand over to the immigration officer on landing. While my title is Engineering Manager, I'm also involved in system architecture design and software engineering.

Will there be an issue that the NOC I was granted an Express Entry PR with was 2173 (Software engineering and designers), and my latest job title falls under NOC 20010 (Engineering Managers)? I want to be as transparent as possible with immigration, and mention that I will continue full time work for my current employer, but I also don't want to jeopardize my immigration process.

Has anyone encountered this before? Also, I'm bringing my personal and work laptop with me, and will declare both – will there be a problem bringing my work laptop?