+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I plan to go either to Canada, USA, GB, Scotland, Australia

JeremyLarat

Sep 4, 2010
Hey

I am from France and I have obtained a diploma recently which is what we call here "DUT GMP" it is like HND in Mechanical Engineering.

I plan to move in one of these countries but first I would like to know, where would it be easier for me to find a job ? I think it is a vague question but still, I am wondering, because I am sick of France. To give you an idea of me, I like cities like Vancouver, with nature, also Pittsburgh, I like running and life above all. I am motivated to move from this country. 23 years in here is too much for me and nothing retains me anymore.

Can we find non permanent job as in France ? I hope you can give me some clues. Thank you for your help. Jeremy

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Although unemployment is relatively high in Australia right now, I'd certainly check it out (and New Zealand too) before committing to Canada.

The advantage of Canada is that if you settled in Winnipeg, the Ottawa area, anywhere in Quebec, or in New Brunswick, your French would be useful.

Still, if you wait until you are retired to think about Australia or New Zealand, it will be too late by then. Canada is easier for retired people to emigrate to.

I don't have more-detailed advice for you, I'm afraid. It would be nice if you shared your research with us as you come closer to a decision.

JeremyLarat

Sep 4, 2010
Hey and thank you for the answer,

I was looking to Canberra in Australia, it looks interesting to me because of the low unemployment, if somebody wants to report about Vancouver, I would be pleased. Thank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@Jeremy
I plan to go either to Canada, USA, GB, Scotland, Australia

Your plan is very good. Probably any & every place would suit u. Just go for the one your heart hints u.
BTW, why would u like to leave France anyway?

Qorax

JeremyLarat

Sep 4, 2010
I want to leave France because I lived there 23 years, and I feel trapped there, world is big and I want to experience new things.

You are right, it is hard deciding between Pittsburgh, Portland OR, Toronto, Vancouver, Canberra but I have time before I receive my passeport. My heart will decide, who knows. Thank you. Jeremy

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
JeremyLarat said:
I want to leave France because I lived there 23 years, and I feel trapped there, world is big and I want to experience new things.

You are right, it is hard deciding between Pittsburgh, Portland OR, Toronto, Vancouver, Canberra but I have time before I receive my passeport. My heart will decide, who knows. Thank you. Jeremy
But how is your heart going to decide if you haven't been to all those places? And spending time in each place (say 6 months) is difficult -- not to mention expensive -- I'd suggest you make a list of the things that are most important to you: weather, type of job available, cost of living, type of housing available, culture, etc. Be as specific as you can be, then try to research them for each place. Your heart might confirm your choice, but your mind should be in the lead.

Bonne chance!! Buena suerte.