+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need my dominican husband here!

violetkyra

Jan 15, 2010
Hi everyone! I recently married a man from dominican republic. I am a canadian citizen and I need help! There seems to be so many options for immigration visas. He is not a skilled worker but my father has a business and can get him a job such as a helper or janitor. Not sure if that could get him a work visa. If not at least he has a job when he comes. The other option is sponsorship. I am a little weary about this because the career I hav now up and down. Sometimes there is work and sometimes there is none and i end up on unemployment. Lately there is less work available. Getting a job where I live is also very hard to find and if anything happens in 3 yrs with his employment I dont think we will be ok on the unemployment i get if my work stays at a low point. 3 yrs is a long to time be ensured of no job loss. Is there a better option such as him becoming a perminant resident without sponsorship? He will not be a student so that visa is out. What other options do I have? We need to be together. If it takes a long time to get him here I will live there with him. As wedding gift we are building a house there. Will we be able to go back from time to time without any problems? Any info would help. thanks

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
violetkyra said:
Hi everyone! I recently married a man from dominican republic. I am a canadian citizen and I need help! There seems to be so many options for immigration visas. He is not a skilled worker but my father has a business and can get him a job such as a helper or janitor. Not sure if that could get him a work visa. If not at least he has a job when he comes. The other option is sponsorship. I am a little weary about this because the career I hav now up and down. Sometimes there is work and sometimes there is none and i end up on unemployment. Lately there is less work available. Getting a job where I live is also very hard to find and if anything happens in 3 yrs with his employment I dont think we will be ok on the unemployment i get if my work stays at a low point. 3 yrs is a long to time be ensured of no job loss. Is there a better option such as him becoming a perminant resident without sponsorship? He will not be a student so that visa is out. What other options do I have? We need to be together. If it takes a long time to get him here I will live there with him. As wedding gift we are building a house there. Will we be able to go back from time to time without any problems? Any info would help. thanks
Family stream spousal sponsorship is the most direct and the best route for your husband as long as you can prove that your marriage is genuine. Your income is not a requirement for spousal sponsorship. Spousal sponsorship is also one of the fastest route, typically 6-9 months.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

helios said:
Family stream spousal sponsorship is the most direct and the best route for your husband as long as you can prove that your marriage is genuine. Your income is not a requirement for spousal sponsorship. Spousal sponsorship is also one of the fastest route, typically 6-9 months.
9-12 months for the DR

PMM