+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need Help! proof of experience

BeirutJoe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
the question is, how to prove my jobs & duties ? salaries ? etc ... if the employer barely agrees to give me a letter of employment!!

how to prove to CIC ?! anyone with this problem?

for example, i am applying under NOC retail & wholesale trade manager NOC 0621, the letter of experience that my employer can give me is barely the proof of experience of a salesman while i do 90% of the stated in the job duties in NOC,

any help what to do in my case ?!

BeirutJoe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Re: what to do in case my employer doesnt sign my proof of experience?

anyone's help is much appreciated ..

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015

BeirutJoe said:
anyone's help is much appreciated ..
I think you can write the letter yourself and just nicely ask your employer to sign it. Sometimes they just dont want to write the letter because of lazyness.

good luck.

BeirutJoe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015

henryahmed said:
I think you can write the letter yourself and just nicely ask your employer to sign it. Sometimes they just dont want to write the letter because of lazyness.

good luck.
if i have all the NOC requirements for education but i do not do all the tasks, 5 out of 8, will i still be eligible under the NOC ?

thanks !

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015

BeirutJoe said:
if i have all the NOC requirements for education but i do not do all the tasks, 5 out of 8, will i still be eligible under the NOC ?

thanks !
According to what i have read 5 out of 8 is more than good. If you look at the noc structure in many noc it is impossible to a person to do all the tasks given in the main duties of the occupation.
To make myself more clear, im a mechanical engineer, if you look at NOC 2132 it says that some of the main duties may be Designing machines and another one is analizing dinamics and vibrations... let me say to you that i have been working along with other mechanical engineers in my industry for ten years i havent met the first mechanical engineer that performs those duties in his regular job.

It clearly says that you have to look for the noc that best matches your experience... so i think you are good.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
BeirutJoe said:
the question is, how to prove my jobs & duties ? salaries ? etc ... if the employer barely agrees to give me a letter of employment!!

how to prove to CIC ?! anyone with this problem?

for example, i am applying under NOC retail & wholesale trade manager NOC 0621, the letter of experience that my employer can give me is barely the proof of experience of a salesman while i do 90% of the stated in the job duties in NOC,

You have to be careful with positions identified as "manager." Your letter has to reflect the lead statement ...

"Retail and wholesale trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail or wholesale basis."

... and if the duties listed make you look like a sales person, it won't fly.

the other issue is that your job duties would absolutely have to include details about managing other people...

BeirutJoe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
jes_ON said:
You have to be careful with positions identified as "manager." Your letter has to reflect the lead statement ...

"Retail and wholesale trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail or wholesale basis."

Tanks for the replies!
The thing is in my old work i did the work of a showroom manager and a noc of corporate sales manager but my recent emplyer hate my guts cuz i left them for another bigger company in lebanon so he wont at all accept to state stuff on my letter! As for now: i am in gd terms with my managers, he will sign me the paper; but i dont know if he will accept to sign . This is rly tough proving cic how much high responsabilities i have in my work now! Lebanon is a bit of a close minded country when it comes to this !

... and if the duties listed make you look like a sales person, it won't fly.

the other issue is that your job duties would absolutely have to include details about managing other people...