+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i lost the Canada Post receipt, can we tracking the package?

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
abt one month ago my husband sent out our application package via Canada Post by priority mail, but we lost the receipt. so we don;t know the tracking number and couldn't track it on the website. but can we call Canada post to find out whether it is sent to the destination safely? we know the exact date of sending, the sender's name, address and number, and those of the receipient.

thank you a lot!

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snowflake2012 said:
abt one month ago my husband sent out our application package via Canada Post by priority mail, but we lost the receipt. so we don;t know the tracking number and couldn't track it on the website. but can we call Canada post to find out whether it is sent to the destination safely? we know the exact date of sending, the sender's name, address and number, and those of the recipient.

thank you a lot!
I would give them a ring and try see if u could convince them to look through their address data.
However; If you wrote the recipient @ correct , It would be received by now.
I wouldn't worry too much about it,

If you're lucky , u will receive an AOR( acknowledgment of receipt ) email/ mail soon .

best of luck

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Hmmm, we did exactly the same thing. Sent off the package, took pictures and even cried in the post office. Then promptly lost the receipt!!! :eek: I spent 3 months with nothing but faith in the postal service that it had arrived! I know its difficult but there is really nothing you can do but wait and hope. ::) Its almost certainly sitting in a pile at CIC. ;)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Snowflakes,

CIC is starting to be a bit more consistent now and sending out quite a few AOR, so you might get a confirmation. But if you are sending from within Canada, there are very few chances that your package got lost - as Rosie Lee says - nothing much to do apart sit and wait!
Good luck,
Sweden