+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I LIVED IN CANADA FOR 7 YEARS

teddy1123

Mar 3, 2024
Hello, I'm a 20 year old university student who's been living in Canada for 7 years. I've been staying in Canada as a dependent of my father, who has a work permit.
For various reasons, my family still hasn't got PR, and I think I'll be the first person to even apply for one.

Is there any other ways for me to get PR since I lived in Canada so long, or do I also have to follow the standard path; Graduate uni -> get pgwp-> 2~3yrs of work experience -> apply for PR

Getting a PR wasn't really my concern until recently the CRS cut-off score fluctuated to mid 500s....

Also, I was wondering if getting an internship during the summer will count as a work experience.

I'm open to any suggestions/tips. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I'm a 20 year old university student who's been living in Canada for 7 years. I've been staying in Canada as a dependent of my father, who has a work permit.
For various reasons, my family still hasn't got PR, and I think I'll be the first person to even apply for one.

Is there any other ways for me to get PR since I lived in Canada so long, or do I also have to follow the standard path; Graduate uni -> get pgwp-> 2~3yrs of work experience -> apply for PR

Getting a PR wasn't really my concern until recently the CRS cut-off score fluctuated to mid 500s....

Also, I was wondering if getting an internship during the summer will count as a work experience.

You need to follow the standard path.

Internship during the summer will not count as Canadian work experience towards PR. Only work experience after you have finished your studies and applied for a PGWP will count.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

There is no easy way, if length of time have been able to play a part, lots of people have been PR until now...
So taking a direct path like study, PGWP and then apply is the best option. It's good you have started upon as the way IRCC is making changes it would become difficult in coming days to achieve PR...