+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I live in quebec but my partner jeopardize my status

hyper92

Jul 23, 2024
Hello, I live in quebec and graduated from 2 years program and i have 1.5 years work experience. My partner was sponsoring me but cause of breaking up she withdrew the application. I do not know french and i have 1 year pgwp before it expires. What the best way for me to get pr? Should i go to French course, or go to Ontario and do EE if i do that is my previous work experience will be counted or do i need to work in there too or should I choose AIP? Thank you for help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I live in quebec and graduated from 2 years program and i have 1.5 years work experience. My partner was sponsoring me but cause of breaking up she withdrew the application. I do not know french and i have 1 year pgwp before it expires. What the best way for me to get pr? Should i go to French course, or go to Ontario and do EE if i do that is my previous work experience will be counted or do i need to work in there too or should I choose AIP? Thank you for help.
Research Express Entry if you want to move out of Quebec. Experience counts. Or look at AIP but you will need a job offer.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Leave QC. take English test and apply for EE. Experience will be counted

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your ability to get PR will depend on many things like your work experience and what NOC, your language score, age, level of education, Canadian education, etc. Getting PR in every province is currently quite difficult. What is your CRS score if you leave Quebec? What NOC is your work experience in? If you separate from a PR/citizen they have an obligation to inform IRCC and being sponsored by a partner is not a given and comes with significant liability.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I just want to add that your spouse has the right and is supposed to withdraw the sponsorship since the relationship has broken down.
If she continues the application, she is committing misrepresentation. So she didn't jeopardize your application.

Now focus on your own ability/profile to immigrate under other economic streams.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
I just want to add that your spouse has the right and is supposed to withdraw the sponsorship since the relationship has broken down.
If she continues the application, she is committing misrepresentation. So she didn't jeopardize your application.

Now focus on your own ability/profile to immigrate under other economic streams.
Yup, it's not her right but a responsibility to do that.

Reactions: YVR123

sjwjzm

Mar 3, 2024
You have 1.5 years working experience in Canada, so I think you can apply through EE CEC Program.