+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I live in Ontario and got ADR confirming intends to reside outside Quebec

ottzen12

Aug 15, 2024
Hey everyone,

I could not find any other case similar to mine. I currently live in Ottawa, Ontario and have been living here since 2023. I applied for CEC in March 2024, however my application is getting delayed and passed the processing time, still stuck in background check for months.

I have received a request for Additional Document: Letter of Explanation and Documents confirming intends to reside outside of Quebec

Usually this document is requested for people that live in Quebec and intend to live in Ontario, however I already live in Ontario.

The only thing is that I am currently working in Gatineau Quebec, which is not event 5 minute drive from my home in Ottawa. I thought that only the province you live in matters and not job location when it comes to PR application.

I sent all the documents that prove I live in Ottawa: Driver license, current lease, utility bills... Anyone who was in similar situation and got approved? A few of my friend that applied after me already got COPR, that is why I am stressing.

VO Winnipeg

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
It's a common case that they request it if you work in Gatineau and live in Ottawa.

Just submit your lease, utilities bills and other proofs and you are going to be good.