+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I just get LMIA for EE application while I have PGWP, what should I do now?

ysa186

Apr 28, 2024
Hello Friends,

I've been working as an administrative assistant for the same company since graduating from university since October 2021. My Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) is set to expire in January 2025. Currently, my Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is 496. Recently, our company, where I've been employed for the past two years, applied for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) on my behalf to secure an additional 50 points for my Express Entry profile. We received the LMIA approval yesterday.

Upon reviewing the LMIA document, I noted that the Duration of Employment is stated as 3 years, with a wage of $29.00 CAD per hour. Does this mean I am required to continue working for the company for another 3 years, and that my wage must be adjusted to $29 (currently $22)?

Could someone confirm if I simply need to update the LMIA information(Valid Job Offer) in the Express Entry pool and wait for the draw, rather than applying for another work visa? Additionally, does the company need to increase my wage to meet the new requirement?

Thank you so much for your help!