+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got this Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR. Do I still need a visitor visa to enter canada if I travel out?

HDereli

Aug 28, 2024
I just got this Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR.
Do I need a visitor visa to enter canada if I travel out ? I dont understand why do I need a visitor visa ? Why don't they just give the work permit with temporary visa ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because it is two separate documents. Work permit extension allows you to work while waiting for your work permit. Visitor visa/TRV allows you to enter Canada. Not everyone wants to pay for TRV nor have they plans to leave. So if you don’t have a valid TRV, you need one.

Reactions: HDereli

HDereli

Aug 28, 2024
@Naturgrl When I applied for the extension of my work permit, I also submitted the form IMM 5257, which is necessary for a temporary visa. Even though my application was approved, I did not notice that I did not receive the temporary visa. I could understand if I had only applied for an open work permit, but I specifically included the temporary visa in my application while I was in Canada, completing my internship as a researcher. As I am in Turkey at the moment, I am now in discussions with a Canadian company regarding a potential position. What would you suggest me ? Do you think there was something wrong with my application ?

HDereli

Aug 28, 2024
Can anyone guide me please ? Does not the work permit mean anything as I left Canada ? Or my work permit still active even tough I left Canada. I understand I need to have Temporary Residency Visa to re-enter.